How To Promote A Self Banning: We All Know Who. Not Naming The Poster(s) In Thread Title.

I don't believe anyone should be banned by mods unless repeatedly violating the board TOS.

Now PPP has always been a bit of the wild west where behaviors are typically allowed to continue that wouldn't be allowed elsewhere on the board. For the most part anyway.....and I'll leave it there.

So if you want to remove a cancer from PPP, don't rely on a mod to remove the cancer. Instead modify your own behavior to promote the cancerous poster to self ban.

Here's how:

Ignore. Use the ignore function. Use it and stick with it.

Do not override the ignore function once you've put it on your ignore list.

Encourage others to put it on ignore.

If they won't do that, then at bare minimum, ask them politely to please not quote the poster when uselessly engaging it. If another poster excessively quotes the cancerous poster, put them on ignore too.

If you get 80-90% of non useful idiot posters here to adhere to the above tenets with religious zeal, then it will self ban in short order.

It thrives on ATTENTION. Deprive it of its oxygen. 

IGNORE. IT.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

⬆️ 

Hey, speak of the cancer!

You are the biggest hypocrite and leading culprit here.

13 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

You tell everyone to put users they don’t like on IGNORE but you don’t take your own freakn advice.

GTFOH 

• Agree 2

NC is a pathetic pos. Calling out billsy while posting ridiculous propaganda memes that would make Himler blush. Ignore whoever, whenever. It’s not important. For me it’s more about unveiling all the bullshite the radical, militant, righties here post. Read or don’t read. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

⬆️

See, no need to call them out in a thread title. 

Useful idiots will always self identify. 

So where is your PhD in molecular biology from?  Going through the triangle this weekend on the way to the beach.   I’ll say hi to some of your colleagues. 😀

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

⬆️

See, no need to call them out in a thread title. 

Useful idiots will always self identify. 

you mentioned worthless trolls, and it attracted them like flies.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

I don't believe anyone should be banned by mods unless repeatedly violating the board TOS.

Now PPP has always been a bit of the wild west where behaviors are typically allowed to continue that wouldn't be allowed elsewhere on the board. For the most part anyway.....and I'll leave it there.

So if you want to remove a cancer from PPP, don't rely on a mod to remove the cancer. Instead modify your own behavior to promote the cancerous poster to self ban.

Here's how:

If they won't do that, then at bare minimum, ask them politely to please not quote the poster when uselessly engaging it. If another poster excessively quotes the cancerous poster, put them on ignore too.

If you get 80-90% of non useful idiot posters here to adhere to the above tenets with religious zeal, then it will self ban in short order.

It thrives on ATTENTION. Deprive it of its oxygen. 

IGNORE. IT.

Thank you.

Amen. leave the banning to them. Still remember a bunch of them trying to get you or Bonny banned and got all bent cause it didnt work.

but its funny how you did not mention a name, they are self identifying.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So where is your PhD in molecular biology from?  Going through the triangle this weekend on the way to the beach.   I’ll say hi to some of your colleagues. 😀

Mine is from UB . Did my research at Roswell. My thesis advisor and my fitst pocdoc boss were in Nobel Prize winning labs.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Be careful here, someone will snitch and try to get you pyphoned.

I was wondering what happened to that thread.  That sort of thing gets someone banned?  What a strange field of sensitive flowers we occasionally walk in.  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Be careful here, someone will snitch and try to get you pyphoned.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115stwr2gvqqevdc7rmt

I knew that thread would get deleted the moment I saw it because it called out a ***** poster by name.

If he was banned for it...well it's BS, but at the same time wouldn't totally shock me either. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I got banned foe a few days once for describing the National Lampoon Ted Kennedy- Volkswagen Beetle ad. It was for posting politics i the OT section.  The thread was about  funny memes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I knew that thread would get deleted the moment I saw it because it called out a ***** poster by name.

If he was banned for it...well it's BS, but at the same time wouldn't totally shock me either. 

No doubt it was reported, mods had to act.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

I got banned foe a few days once for describing the National Lampoon Ted Kennedy- Volkswagen Beetle ad. It was for posting politics i the OT section.  The thread was about  funny memes.

The leash is most certainly shorter for those of a certain political bent.  Sign of the times in general.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The leash is most certainly shorter for those of a certain political bent.  Sign of the times in general.

Such a victim. Wah

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

Mine is from UB . Did my research at Roswell. My thesis advisor and my fitst pocdoc boss were in Nobel Prize winning labs.

I see 2 Nobel winners from Roswell. A woman and a man in 1947. Which did u work under?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

This is likely why you never see Billsfuk'c post on the main board.  It doesn't trust itself to not post Trump stuff so it just doesn't post at all.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

This is likely why you never see Billsfuk'c post on the main board.  It doesn't trust itself to not post Trump stuff so it just doesn't post at all.

hoax