Connor McGovern Restructured

On 2/27/2024 at 10:46 AM, GunnerBill said:

But Bates was committed to as a starter. That was my issue with their 2022 approach. He is a guy who can start and not get destroyed. But he is not a guy who you can start and expect him to improve one of the poorest lines in football. They needed upgrades and settled for a baseline player.

I think the main reason they wanted Bates was for the versatility. He could play any interior line position and even took a few reps at tackle if I remember right. 

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I think the main reason they wanted Bates was for the versatility. He could play any interior line position and even took a few reps at tackle if I remember right. 

In 2022 they committed to him as a starter and brought no serious competition in for him. I agree he is the perfect 6th lineman because he can play either guard spot, center or right tackle in a pinch. My issue isn't with them signing him. It was with them handing him the right guard spot. Cybo, despite definitely struggling a tad the second half of his rookie year was a major upgrade.

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In 2022 they committed to him as a starter and brought no serious competition in for him. I agree he is the perfect 6th lineman because he can play either guard spot, center or right tackle in a pinch. My issue isn't with them signing him. It was with them handing him the right guard spot. Cybo, despite definitely struggling a tad the second half of his rookie year was a major upgrade.

We seem to be in violent agreement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.