Interesting stat I saw in regards to regular season losses

warrior9

5 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

So we should just accept that our head coach can't win big games?

You're ok with NEVER winning a super bowl with Josh Allen at QB? Or is that whining and crying too? 

You're cool with participation trophies?

LMFAO! Our offense needs to stop scoring... 

WTF? Do you hear yourself....? You're also making excuses.. Josh needs to stop scoring so fast because our Head Coaches defense cant stop the offense LOL 

You’re operating under the assumption that there is no chance that McDermott can win a Super Bowl.  I don’t operate under that assumption and I feel that your reactions to views opposing yours have been juvenile.  

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It was. My posts going into the season were about the team not going backwards. McDermott accomplished that barely. I said he had to have this team play in a competitive game in the divisional round after playing a noncompetitive game last year. 

Now midseason, like everyone else, when we were 6-6 I thought it was playoffs or bust for him. As long as he got the team to the playoffs I didn't care how the team performed, he would be back as coach in 2024.

But going into next season. It's conference championship game or bust. He won't get a pass for going on a 6-game winning streak to end the regular season next year. And we actually need to advance next season, or he is out. 

I agree to a certain degree. I think this team goes as Josh Allen goes. IMO Allen is more responsible for the turn around than McDermott is and I'm one who thinks last year 2023 was McDermotts prove it year. I think he proved and cemented the fact he is not the guy to lead this team to a Super Bowl. 

The sample size of his failures is larger now where nothing has changed and can't be ignored. He's just not the guys o no point in continuing to go forward whit him.

Edited by LarryMadman

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

You’re operating under the assumption that there is no chance that McDermott can win a Super Bowl.  I don’t operate under that assumption and I feel that your reactions to views opposing yours have been juvenile.  

I've asked you several questions and you haven't answered. 

So "Get over it" and telling someone on a football forum discussing their head coach is "crying and whining" isn't juvenile? interesting take bubbaccino ..

let's try again:

-What makes you think we can win a SB with McDermott? 

-What big games has he won? (No play off games against Skylar, Mason Rudolph, Mac Jones, don't count)

6 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That's obvious sarcasm from Chaos.

Jesus, I hope so. 

8 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I've asked you several questions and you haven't answered. 

So "Get over it" and telling someone on a football forum discussing their head coach is "crying and whining" isn't juvenile? interesting take bubbaccino ..

let's try again:

-What makes you think we can win a SB with McDermott? 

-What big games has he won? (No play off games against Skylar, Mason Rudolph, Mac Jones, don't count)

Jesus, I hope so. 

I don’t answer questions from kids that are having tantrums.  It’s a waste of time

Yeah, but context matters. 

Losing a 1 point lead with plenty of time left isn't some crazy collapse, especially in a game where the guy you're seemingly defending threw 2 INTs & added a fumble.

Or when you score 3 points in a half, turn it over multiple times, and wait until 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter to finally eek ahead (against a terrible team), it's not quite the defensive meltdown it sounds like.

It'd be like saying "Josh lead a drive to send a game into OT, but the defense choked by giving up a TD in OT!"... Then seeing that was the Jets game & Allen had 4 turnovers.

Context matters, and even the 4 losses you're talking about were TEAM chokes, Allen included. 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don’t answer questions from kids that are having tantrums.  It’s a waste of time

Hahahaha.

where is there a tantrum? I’ve asked you 2 questions. You can’t answer them, so you deflect, name call and have excuses. 

literally picture perfect from someone who doesn’t even believe what their saying and knows they're wrong. 

I'm sure you are REALLY fun at parties and a great conversationalist, bubba! 

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.