Lawsuit against NFL re TV rights and distribution

If that happens, NFL teams would more closely resemble NHL and NBA teams in how they distribute their broadcast rights. It could be a huge win for regional sports networks (RSNs) like those from Bally Sports, who might suddenly have access to the top television product in the United States from a ratings perspective. Many teams would likely create their own streaming services for in-market fans, and some of these could allow fans to watch live games no matter which linear channel the team appears on. Games could even disappear from current broadcast and streaming partners such as CBS, Fox, Paramount+, and Peacock as teams sort out new broadcasting arrangements for themselves.

I'd hate to have it disappear from local broadcast channels, but I love the idea of a Bills-only streaming service, as long as it gets ALL of the Bills games. I don't see how the local channels should be affected since those who live in their team's region wouldn't need the team's streaming package anyway.

46 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'd hate to have it disappear from local broadcast channels, but I love the idea of a Bills-only streaming service, as long as it gets ALL of the Bills games. I don't see how the local channels should be affected since those who live in their team's region wouldn't need the team's streaming package anyway.

If you read the article the streaming would be for in-market only. Locals would have to switch to streaming and out of market would only get the team local to them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

If you read the article the streaming would be for in-market only. Locals would have to switch to streaming and out of market would only get the team local to them. 

Thanks. I missed the in-market part of that. But later it said, "A win would have good and bad consequences for fans; they might finally get access to in-market streaming services with single-game options for their favorite teams, and more outlets for watching out-of-market games than just NFL Sunday Ticket." That's the part that caught my eye.

12 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Give me a Bills feed that has the video of game with our play by play folks.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.