Kirk or Picard

Kirk or Picard  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Kirk or Picard

• Kirk(The CORRECT choice)
    • Picard (The WRONG choice)
    • /dev/null needs more HotPockets®

Without the first 2, the third likely never sees the big screen.

359803[/snapback]

Darin, I'll give you a point for that.

However, LOTR is a classic series of novels many have read. The others were simply made for a visual medium...without the TV shows and movies, we don't have Star Wars books and those awful TekWar novels Shatner wrote.

So, it goes both ways, my friend. :P

Mike

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picard get's my vote...

I really like TOS..... but, as far as comparison with TNG, it doesn't hold a candle...

IF, TOS was done in the 80's instead of the 60's.... I might be swayed otherwise... But, TOS is more like Gunsmoke.... I know that without TOS we would never have had TNG, and again I like TOS... But Kirk - even as a badass isn't better than Picard.

Now....

As an ensemble.... the original series bridge crew is I think, because of Scotty, Bones, Spock, Chekov, Sulu, and Uhura.... better than the next generation crew... Picard, Riker, Data, Troi, Beverly Crusher, and Laforge... As far as hotties go, TNG has it..

Until you add 7 of 9 from Voyager....

What the heck am I doing comparing ST crews again? :P I must be bored....

Poor /dev/null is under the delusion that Picard is somehow better than Kirk.

Naturally, nothing could be further from the truth!  Kirk kicked more butt and got more tail than Picard's pansy azz ever could.

356646[/snapback]

Aside from the fact that William Schatner can't act his way out of a paper bag, the character of James Kirk is much too much of a cowboy to be realistic. Picard is much more credible as a starship captain. Kirk would be more credible as a first officer.

Kirk.

It's a TV SHOW for crying out loud. Piccard never would have survived the fight with the lizard guy. And I never saw him nail one green chick. NOT ONE! Would he have gone through all the crap Kirk did to get Riker back like Kirk did for Spock? I think not.

Kirk > Piccard.

Would he have gone through all the crap Kirk did to get Riker back like Kirk did for Spock? I think not.

359917[/snapback]

i beg to differ my friend. If Picard was willing to give himself to the Borg to save Data, he's willing to do just about anything for his crew. And I don't just mean the senior officers, he'd even do what he had to do to save the guys in red shirts

i beg to differ my friend.  If Picard was willing to give himself to the Borg to save Data, he's willing to do just about anything for his crew.  And I don't just mean the senior officers, he'd even do what he had to do to save the guys in red shirts

359932[/snapback]

They never last long enough to form a relationship with.