• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't handle the pressure, huh?

Advantage:

Kirk

371267[/snapback]

He didn't want to be tied down at a desk and have to deal with the whiny brats at Starfleet Academy

Tho now that I think about it, Picard was actually an Admiral during the Series Finale (which I would like to point out the original never had because they were canceled)

Picard = turned down Admiral to remain on Enterprise and became Admiral later

Kirk = demoted from Admiral and canceled

Advantage Picard

He didn't want to be tied down at a desk and have to deal with the whiny brats at Starfleet Academy

Tho now that I think about it, Picard was actually an Admiral during the Series Finale (which I would like to point out the original never had because they were canceled)

Picard = turned down Admiral to remain on Enterprise and became Admiral later

Kirk = demoted from Admiral and canceled

Advantage Picard

371292[/snapback]

After 160 posts, it's becoming clear that you doth protest too much...and are perhaps a closet Kirk fan in denial. Why else would ANYONE be this adamant about Picard?

i merely counter the arguments presented

371329[/snapback]

Kirk was around back when men were men, and TV was watchable. Piccard didn't show up until computer special effects were established through Star Wars.

Kirk had to carry a show with a three inch model on a string, and crinkly cellophane as an alien monster.

Piccard looked at a blank stage, thrust his arm out and said "engage", knowing 3/4 of the show were going to be filled in by annimation.com

And, Janice Rand was definitely hot. (Her and Joey Heatherton) OK, I go back that far...sue me.

Advantage, Kirk.

Kirk was around back when men were men, and TV was watchable. Piccard didn't show up until computer special effects were established through Star Wars.

Kirk had to carry a show with a three inch model on a string, and crinkly cellophane as an alien monster.

Piccard looked at a blank stage, thrust his arm out and said "engage", knowing 3/4 of the show were going to be filled in by annimation.com

And, Janice Rand was definitely hot. (Her and Joey Heatherton) OK, I go back that far...sue me.

Advantage, Kirk.

371342[/snapback]

See I don't go back that far. Long before I was born, the 60s had come and gone and so had the original series. BTW, did I mention it was canceled, a fate that even Voyager avoided (and they let a woman drive)

Not having lived in the 60s I obvously couldn't have any memory of the original Trek. But what I don't understand is that if you lived in the 60s and have memory of the 60s...you must not have truly experienced the 60s :P

See I don't go back that far.  Long before I was born, the 60s had come and gone and so had the original series.  BTW, did I mention it was canceled, a fate that even Voyager avoided (and they let a woman drive)

Not having lived in the 60s I obvously couldn't have any memory of the original Trek.  But what I don't understand is that if you lived in the 60s and have memory of the 60s...you must not have truly experienced the 60s :P

371360[/snapback]

I started in about 1969. Got my wind around 1971-1973.

Oh, I thought we were talking awareness. Got it confused with smoking dope and nailing fifteen year old female golfers.

I remember watching the original Trek when it first came up. The original Star Trek got shafted because it was too far ahead of it's time, and used the venue of Science Fiction to address a lot of social issues when you just didn't do that.

"You don't KNOW!" " He's black on the Left side, we're black on the Right side."

Advantage, Gene Roddenbury, while alive.

I started in about 1969. Got my wind around 1971-1973.

Oh, I thought we were talking awareness. Got it confused with smoking dope and nailing fifteen year old female golfers.

I remember watching the original Trek when it first came up. The original Star Trek got shafted because it was too far ahead of it's time, and used the venue of Science Fiction to address a lot of social issues when you just didn't do that.

"You don't KNOW!"  " He's black on the Left side, we're black on the Right side."

Advantage, Gene Roddenbury, while alive.

371371[/snapback]

Then what the hell did the Tribbles episode represent?