I feel optimistic moving forward

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

True, they've struggled badly.  The reason Cincinnati beat KC and got to a SB is because the Bengals defense forced Mahomes into the worst half of his playoff life.

You need offense, and with Allen the Bills will have good offense.  Josh Allen's career playoff stats are better than his regular season stats in a lot of area.  He elevates his game.  The D and special teams unfortunately shrinks,,,in part due to schemes, coaching, injuries, playing against world class QBs....Pick a reason, they shrink against Mahomes and Burrow.  But truthfully, Mahomes just might be the best ever and does it to a lot of teams.

Right now, it feels like Mahomes is Jordon to Allen's Ewing. Those Knicks teams could never get past the Bulls. Seeing the same thing here with the Chiefs and Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Right now, it feels like Mahomes is Jordon to Allen's Ewing. Those Knicks teams could never get past the Bulls. Seeing the same thing here with the Chiefs and Bills.

Ha, nice.  I made a similar comparison yesterday in a different post but said Mahomes is Jordan and Allen is Karl Malone.  Dude made the playoffs every year, would have had a couple Championships if not for Jordan.  Just could never get past the Bulls. Malone is a Hall of Famer but never got a ring.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel fine.  Allen is great.  We have accumulated some decent young pieces in Kincaid, Cook, Torrence, Bernard, Benford, and Shakir (if he takes another step, lookout).

There are a lot of contract/cap issues coming up this season and it may have to be somewhat transitional, but even then I have faith that Allen could get them to a wild card and could get on a heater in the playoffs if healthy.

After that, if things are done correctly, we could be on another decent window.  They really do need to get some weapons at WR though.  9 Picks this season and possibly some compensatories coming our way.

Priorities:  

Wide Receiver(s)

Safety(s)

1 Tech DT

Future C.

Edge

Plan on the softest landing on transitioning away from Knox, White, Von, Diggs, Hyde, and Poyer.  Hoping Gabe walks.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.