[Vague Title] Officiating

Paul Costa

23 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

A simple explanation of why they called it the way they did was necessary. Romo suggested it may have touched the Pittsburgh helmet. I didn’t see it touch the video was inconclusive of that as fact. If they would have had an angle showing that then I agree the ball would be dead. But you’re missing the bigger point. Carl Cheffers said the ball was fumbled by the Pittsburgh player out of bounds. That was untrue. It never went out of bounds. Bills shouldn’t have lost the challenge. The officials were wrong on that call. A very big game changing call. After they missed the Pickens call which was an easy call on the field that they got wrong. 

If the video was inconclusive (I agree it was) then they were right to stay with the call on the field.

If it touched Friermuth while he is out of bounds then by rule it is a fumble out of bounds. 

I don't think it did hit his helmet FWIW but I don't think the replay proved it one way or the other.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If the video was inconclusive (I agree it was) then they were right to stay with the call on the field.

If it touched Friermuth while he is out of bounds then by rule it is a fumble out of bounds. 

I don't think it did hit his helmet FWIW but I don't think the replay proved it one way or the other.

Yea once it got to review it was right to uphold it but the call on the field was an absolute joke…there’s no way they saw that ball nearly graze his helmet at game speed and there was a clear recovery in bounds.  

they ruled he fumbled it out of bounds forward which kind of implies they don’t think we recovered it in bounds which is an embarrassingly bad on field ruling.  Should’ve been ruled a fumble that stood on review 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea once it got to review it was right to uphold it but the call on the field was an absolute joke…there’s no way they saw that ball nearly graze his helmet at game speed and there was a clear recovery in bounds.  

they ruled he fumbled it out of bounds forward which kind of implies they don’t think we recovered it in bounds which is an embarrassingly bad on field ruling.  Should’ve been ruled a fumble that stood on review 

I think that is what they thought happened, they thought the ball had bounced out. But by rule if he fumbled it and was in contact while he is out of bounds by rule that still counts as a "fumble out of bounds" even though the ball never went out.

I feel NY should have stepped in and overturn the officials call for the second time in the first quarter . It was a bad look and this crew which has had a really bad year. Cheffers just came out and whistled past the graveyard 🙄with the bills losing a  challenge & have no more for the game. Terrible crew

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.