Natalie Holloway confirmed dead

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not? While I was posting this the yellow " Breaking News " Banner stating it disappeared.

356025[/snapback]

No, it's been confirmed (just saw it at the Barber Shop, where the guy's TV is tuned to Fox 24/7).

Sad news for her family and friends. But I gotta say, it's just another of all too frequent series of "Why is this national news?" stories, IMO.

Because everyone has a sister or daughter or teenage friend that shouldn't be in danger on holiday.

356036[/snapback]

And Fox's sensationalism helps that situation how? If she hadn't been an attractive blond, we'd never have heard of this sad situation...

No, it's been confirmed (just saw it at the Barber Shop, where the guy's TV is tuned to Fox 24/7).

Sad news for her family and friends.  But I gotta say, it's just another of all too frequent series of "Why is this national news?" stories, IMO.

356028[/snapback]

Are you sure...i cant find ti anywhere on any new network...its not up on fox, altho that means nothing (fox news is an oxymoron, and is comparable to tuning to lifetime for sportsnews) its not on CNN or the AP or anything...

Fox doesn't do a fair or accurate job of passing the news in my opinion. Though in this instance I think the news is worthy of national recognition. How many people here have been to Aruba? How many people view it as some exotic hot spot? How many people would consider going there on vacation?

Now take an innocent, all be it beautiful, 17 year old girl on vacation who gets murdered by a group of boys.

Do you still feel like that's a safe place to send your kids for graduation? Do you feel like it would be okay to let your wife or daughter walk the beach there at night?

No way in my opinion, and I think that information is important to Americans.

It's important to me.

T-R

And Fox's sensationalism helps that situation how?   If she hadn't been an attractive blond, we'd never have heard of this sad situation...

356042[/snapback]

Funny, yesterday at lunch CNN talked of nothing else but this story, except a brief piece on Michael Jackson. Sensationalism? An 18 year old girl has been murdered. That is not sensational. As the father of a young girl I find your callousness difficult to stomach.

OK let's say it this way.

The MEDIA's sensationalism hasn't helped this any.

How about that?  Feel better now?

This "select and choose" attitude the media has is quite despicable.

356085[/snapback]

Someday you may be lucky enough to understand why I feel as I do about this situation. I hope you are, children are a treasure. Perhaps you will be sympathetic enough to delete your response to me--which I made to someone else, perhaps not. This isn't the place for grandstanding.

OK let's say it this way.

The MEDIA's sensationalism hasn't helped this any.

How about that?  Feel better now?

This "select and choose" attitude the media has is quite despicable.

356085[/snapback]

A couple of years ago there were some statistics showing the amount of "news" time spent covered on missing white women was far disproportionate to the number of minority females (adults and children) who go missing under suspicious circumstances. I can't remember the last time there was a media frenzy over a missing black child. That does not mean to say that what has (or may have) happened) to Ms Holiday in Aruba is any more or less newsworthy, just a sad commentary on the media.

As far as FOX coverage, they do sensationalize things to the max, and stress the titalating aspects of any news story, where they exist (sometimes they imply them), and CNN, has, in the last 6 months taken a sharp turn downward in this trend.

Fox doesn't do a fair or accurate job of passing the news in my opinion.  Though in this instance I think the news is worthy of national recognition.  How many people here have been to Aruba?  How many people view it as some exotic hot spot?  How many people would consider going there on vacation? 

Now take an innocent, all be it beautiful, 17 year old girl on vacation who gets murdered by a group of boys. 

Do you still feel like that's a safe place to send your kids for graduation?  Do you feel like it would be okay to let your wife or daughter walk the beach there at night? 

No way in my opinion, and I think that information is important to Americans. 

It's important to me.

T-R

356054[/snapback]

Yeah, it's Aruba's fault. Good looking high-school girls never get killed if they vacation domestically... :flirt:

Sensationalism?  An 18 year old girl has been murdered.  That is not sensational. 

356080[/snapback]

And it happens with alarming frequency. However, you don't usually hear about it for a solid week on the national news.

The coverage has nothing to do with an 18-year old girl getting murdered. It has everything to do with an 18 year old girl vacationing in Aruba. Had she been gunned down outside her high school, you'd never have heard about it.

Yeah, it's Aruba's fault.  Good looking high-school girls never get killed if they vacation domestically...  :flirt:

356113[/snapback]

This whole situation reminds me of the monster from Aqua Teen Hunger Force who is living in the attic.

I'm not quite sure why, but it does.

Someday you may be lucky enough to understand why I feel as I do about this situation.  I hope you are, children are a treasure.  Perhaps you will be sympathetic enough to delete your response to me--which I made to someone else, perhaps not.  This isn't the place for grandstanding.

356092[/snapback]

We're close in age, and we feel the same on this. Nice post. He's not worth the effort. :flirt:

As much as a feel for her family, I can't help feeling that Natalie did something stupid that got her into this mess.

I would guess that she voluntarily left with the males. It's her fault. I'm not trying to be cold, but she should have known better.

Either way, I'm already sick of hearing about it. I agree, this is not national news.