OT: I feel as though I've been violated...

Tickets (Gigantour: Megadeth and Dream Theater)

FULL PRICE TICKET US $42.50 x 2

Total Building Facility Charge(s) US $2.00 x 2

Total Convenience Charge(s)

US $8.25 x 2

Order Processing Charge(s) US $3.50

Standard Mail

No Charge

TOTAL CHARGES US $109.00

Yes, that's right. I just paid $109.00 for two $42.00 tickets. They were nice enough to not charge me for standard mail. They charge $20.00 for overnight.

-Jeff

(For those of you that care - I *did* land my old company as a client. Time to start my own shop.)

Ticketmaster...bend over and spread 'em!

Actully I think the venues have some control over what charges Ticketmaster can add on. The Bills use Ticketmaster for online sales and they only add $3 per ticket service charge.

PTR

Only $8.25 for the "convenience" charge. I usually get banged out for $10.00. I love it you're doing it through the computer system and therefore they're not paying anyone to help you via phone or in person thus they save money and they charge you for it........

Dream Theatre? I've met Mike Portnoy several times he doesn't live to far from here. One time I actually met him at a Rush show at MSG back in '91. Saw them once 10yrs ago in college. Their songs are way too long....

Ticketmaster finally made it to Alaska. :flirt:

One of the ironic things is how they try to charge you $2.50 per ticket to print your ticket but it's free if you pick it up at Will Call. I'm sure they have some kind of justification for that but I'll be damned if I can understand it.

Megadeth isn't even worth the service charge at this point.

Ya you got raped.

356020[/snapback]

I actually like The System Has Failed, although I'm not too fond of the Risk/Dread/etc stuff. I'm not that big of a fan any more, really. They're just one of those that I always find fun to see. Metallica falls into the same catagory. Their tickets have gotten stupid expensive and the shows are somewhat predictable, but I do it just to not let myself grow up, I guess.

-Jeff

Dream Theater is some pretty good stuff. I like them a lot, although yes their songs are really long but the guitarist in Dream Theater is great.

356061[/snapback]

It's worth it just for Dream Theater!

I don't really want to sit through all the other bands, though.

It's worth it just for Dream Theater!

I don't really want to sit through all the other bands, though.

356067[/snapback]

Yeah, DT rules. Long songs, but they all rock. They could co-headline with Megadeth or they could open for Elton John, either way, they'd fit in.

I'm not to stoked about listening to "Fear Factory." That stuff is just junk.

-Jeff

However, Burton Bell did record an album with Geezer Butler that was actually quite good.

356074[/snapback]

You know, I actually have seen FF before. Ironically, it was with Megadeth at good old 207 Youngs Road. I don't remember the year, but it was with 'deth, Flotsam and Jetsam, and Korn. I bought Demanufacture. Some of the songs were Ok, but I'm not too fond of this "electro-metal" thing they've got going on. Don't get me wrong, I love the heavy stuff, it's the techno aspect of FF I dislike.

Now that I think about it, it was probably in support of either Countdown to Extinction or Youthanasia.

-Jeff

Love Dream Theater; been a fan since '92.

Havn't listened to their most recent album that was released a few days ago. Heard a few songs and wasn't blown away. Not bad though.

If you like Dream Theater, you should DEFINATELY check out Shadow Gallery. I'd recommend buying "Tyranny" and "Room V." They're both concept albums and have the same characters; Tyranny is part 1, Room V (just released on Tuesday) is part 2. EXCELLENT. Reminds me of what Dream Theater used to do. Check it out.

http://www.shadowgallery.com

TicketrBastard doesn't deserve our bandwidth.

CW

US $8.25 x 2

Standard Mail

No Charge

TOTAL CHARGES US $109.00

Yes, that's right. I just paid $109.00 for two $42.00 tickets.  They were nice enough to not charge me for standard mail.  They charge $20.00 for overnight.

-Jeff

(For those of you that care - I *did* land my old company as a client.  Time to start my own shop.)

355952[/snapback]

My stock just went up, thank you. :P:flirt:

The cost of doing business is not what it was 10 or 20 or 30 years ago. Quit complaining. You'll find this out on your new venture, grow some balls. ;)

US $8.25 x 2

Standard Mail

No Charge

TOTAL CHARGES US $109.00

Yes, that's right. I just paid $109.00 for two $42.00 tickets.  They were nice enough to not charge me for standard mail.  They charge $20.00 for overnight.

-Jeff

(For those of you that care - I *did* land my old company as a client.  Time to start my own shop.)

355952[/snapback]

356434[/snapback]

Sorry about the blank post, all. I am on a couple of rock radio stations listeners lists as well as the promoter House of Blues and therefore get the occasional email offering me two for the price of one tickets. Even though the amphitheatre/box office is a 2 minute walk across the street from my office one can only get the deal on-line through Ticketmaster. When doing one of these it is common for me to pay more for all thee BS charges than I did for the tickets.

The Oakland A's have $2.00 seat and $1 hot dog nights on wednesdays.

From Ticketmaster the seats are $7.50!

It's cheaper to drive the 15 miles and pick them up at the window.