Another lockout?

BS.  The NFL is FULL of guys like the NBA has.  FULL of them.  I don't hear anyone wishing the NFL would get cancelled and then start talking about the lifestyles of players.  The NFL has PLENTY of these same personalities in their league, but we don't hear about those people in the same context the NBA players are referred to in.

If ya don't like the NBA fine, but trashing on players getting arrested is pretty weak if you ask me.

355371[/snapback]

I would venture to guess that percentage-wise there are significantly more criminals in the NBA than the NFL. Add that to the fact that the game itself is essentially unwatchable and you end up with "we don't care if it gets canceled and the players are thugs."

How exactly did you strengthen your case by naming a bunch of criminals who've been regularly admonished on this board regardless of the color of their skin but play a sport all of us actually love?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the NHL has never had that happen?

The refs????  What brawl were you watching?

355451[/snapback]

What were you watching? There was at least one ref who got run over trying to protect a paying customer.

The NHL never had an entire team go after the paying customers. The NHL also is very quick about expelling the players that do it. The NHL also will allow criminal charges and help prosecute if it happens.

The NHL never had an entire team go after the paying customers.  The NHL also is very quick about expelling the players that do it.  The NHL also will allow criminal charges and help prosecute if it happens.

355460[/snapback]

Just to play the devil's advocate, I was at a Sabres game a long time ago when John Muckler got in a fight with a fan. No, it wasn't the whole team, and the fan attacked him first (and not with a plastic cup), but these things do happen. It wasn't nearly as ugly an incident as the Pacers game, however.

Just to play the devil's advocate, I was at a Sabres game a long time ago when John Muckler got in a fight with a fan.  No, it wasn't the whole team, and the fan attacked him first (and not with a plastic cup), but these things do happen.  It wasn't nearly as ugly an incident as the Pacers game, however.

355468[/snapback]

So a fan attack an armed hockey player, said player kicks his ass in self defense. What relevance does that have to an entire bunch of thug basketball players going into the stands and beating up paying customers because one had a "PAPER CUP" thrown near him.

So a fan attack an armed hockey player, said player kicks his ass in self defense.  What relevance does that have to an entire bunch of thug basketball players going into the stands and beating up paying customers because one had a "PAPER CUP" thrown near him.

355477[/snapback]

Shhhhhhhhh. Logic has no place here at the rodeo. We prefer "lahjik."

Shhhhhhhhh.  Logic has no place here at the rodeo.  We prefer "lahjik."

355479[/snapback]

I know. But as a parent one has that natural tending to try and teach the 2 year old mentality out of people. I understand that there comes a point in time where the child is on the floor kicking and screaming and no amount of logic will work and you just have to beat their bottom, so they'll do what you want.

Oh whatever.  This from a target with a lime peel on your head.

355483[/snapback]

Don't turn this into a cat bashing discussion. That kitty garnered me a very nice pm from a certain poster of the female persuasion. Thank you very much. :doh:

Don't turn this into a cat bashing discussion.  That kitty garnered me a very nice pm from a certain poster of the female persuasion.  Thank you very much. :doh:

355486[/snapback]

No bashing involved. Target typical invalves a projectile.

The Pacers players outside of Artest went into the stands to protect a teammate who was being attacked by multiple fans at that point. If my friend was in trouble I would certainly jump into the fire and help him out.

The initial brawl started between Artest and one fan. The same thing has happened in the NHL. Attacking a paying customer is cut and dry in the sports world.

The Pacers players outside of Artest went into the stands to protect a teammate who was being attacked by multiple fans at that point.  If my friend was in trouble I would certainly jump into the fire and help him out.

The initial brawl started between Artest and one fan.  The same thing has happened in the NHL.  Attacking a paying customer is cut and dry in the sports world.

355528[/snapback]

You do honestly believe what you type don't you? He was the attacker, not the attackee, and several of his buddies decided to join in.

The Pacers players outside of Artest went into the stands to protect a teammate who was being attacked by multiple fans at that point.  If my friend was in trouble I would certainly jump into the fire and help him out.

The initial brawl started between Artest and one fan.  The same thing has happened in the NHL.  Attacking a paying customer is cut and dry in the sports world.

355528[/snapback]

How in the mother!@#$ing name of all that is holy did this turn into a "But Ron Artest was hit by a cup!!!!" thread?????? :doh: