Another lockout?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the mother!@#$ing name of all that is holy did this turn into a "But Ron Artest was hit by a cup!!!!" thread??????  :doh:

355541[/snapback]

The NHL may benefit from a possible NBA lockout which would put hundreds of hoodlums and unwed fathers out of business which is a rasist thing to say because the indiana pacers play together as a team and they play a tough brand of basketball and they stand up for each other even when one of their own decides to attack 10,000 people which is bad for the country.

They play great team defense and share the ball.

355427[/snapback]

you mean they need a great defense team(ie F Lee Bailey and co.) and they like to share the bong

Didn't the NBA try that once before.  I think Manute Bol went ahead and played hockey one season when he was unemplyed.  8 feet tall and dded 4 more inches with the blades.  That worked wonders.

355688[/snapback]

Yup...ain't checking him.

Racist comments abound in this thread.

Why not just lynch all these "criminals" and 'thugs".  Go ahead and say it.  They are thugs and criminals because they are black.  That's what you all really mean to say.

Some of you make me laugh so hard.

355341[/snapback]

OK, #1, I work in Camden, NJ with adolescents that get kicked out of their schools. 40% of my kids are hispanic, 59% are black and 1% are white. 100% of them live below the poverty line. So lets gets this idea that I don't like NBA players because they are black out of your head. I don't like the majority of NBA players because they live, or worse, pretend to live the "Thug" lifestyle. I don't like Ron Artest because he is a dispicable person who has absolutely no control of his anger not becuase he's black. I don't like Allen Iverson because he does whatever he wants, refuses to accept responsibility for it and blames others for his problems. Coincidentally that is the exact same thing my kids do and it makes it hard for me to show them it's wrong when AI can make 100 bazillion dollars doing it.

I don't like the NBA because league management has no spine whatsoever. Their drug testing policy is an absolute joke, thier players run amok and nothing of consequence happens. The only exception is Ron Artest and there were a great many people in the NBA who railed against the severity of that punishment.

At least in the NFL when people get caught smoking weed they get suspended, the NBA wrote that off as part of basketball "culture" many years ago. And by the way, I have just as big a problem with NFL players who act that way too. Jamal Lewis' situation sickens me, so does Ricky Williams. The fact that the Dolphins would accept Ricky back after what he did shows me all I ever need to know about their organization. Make no mistake, there is a big part of me that like that the BIlls don't frequently have players who act grossly inappropriately. And I know someone will list a litany of players who have done wrong while in Bills uniforms, my response will be that those players didn't stay in town very long after they screwed up.

Let's not confuse my disapproval of NBA players lifestyle choices with a dislike of their ethnicity. Nobody forces players to act that way whatever their skin color. For many of them it is a conscious decision driven by marketing. In the post- Micheal Jordan NBA "Thugs" get the money. Ben Wallace is marketed because he has an afro (not that there's anything wrong with an afro) not because he's a great defensive player. name one other NBA player who got marketing based on defense (and don't you dare say Dennis Rodman because Rodman got no airtime until he became a freak show).

Didn't the NBA try that once before.  I think Manute Bol went ahead and played hockey one season when he was unemplyed.  8 feet tall and dded 4 more inches with the blades.  That worked wonders.

355688[/snapback]

Actually, he was signed by a team in Indiana but never took the ice because the skates hurt his feet.

Racist comments abound in this thread.

Why not just lynch all these "criminals" and 'thugs".  Go ahead and say it.  They are thugs and criminals because they are black.  That's what you all really mean to say.

Some of you make me laugh so hard.

355341[/snapback]

I didn't see this earlier. But you're kidding right./ How the !@#$ do you know if I am black, white or purple !@#$ing pocka dots. That is about one of the most racist comments I have ever !@#$ing seen.

I could give two ***** what color someone is. I take people for what they are. AI, RA, Bill Lambere (sp??), etc.... all !@#$ing thugs. All stupid and all NBA players. Go do some research buddy, AI cripple a girl in high school, by breaking a chair over her back. Yeah real outstanding citizen there, all because someone called him the N word. I find what she did horrible but no need to break a chair over her back. Ron Artest started throwing punches at paying customers because he got a paper cup thrown at him, him teammates joined him. Turns out on film Ron Artest didn't even attack the person who threw the cup. But don't let that fact bother you and your little racist tirade.

I didn't see this earlier.  But you're kidding right./  How the !@#$ do you know if I am black, white or purple !@#$ing pocka dots.  That is about one of the most racist comments I have ever !@#$ing seen. 

I could give two ***** what color someone is.  I take people for what they are.  AI, RA,  Bill Lambere (sp??), etc....  all !@#$ing thugs.  All stupid and all NBA players.  Go do some research buddy, AI cripple a girl in high school, by breaking a chair over her back.  Yeah real outstanding citizen there, all because someone called him the N word.  I find what she did horrible but no need to break a chair over her back.  Ron Artest started throwing punches at paying customers because he got a paper cup thrown at him, him teammates joined him.  Turns out on film Ron Artest didn't even attack the person who threw the cup.  But don't let that fact bother you and your little racist tirade.

355714[/snapback]

But you're wrong, because someone threw a cup at Ron Artest... :doh:

I didn't see this earlier.  But you're kidding right./  How the !@#$ do you know if I am black, white or purple !@#$ing pocka dots.  That is about one of the most racist comments I have ever !@#$ing seen. 

I could give two ***** what color someone is.  I take people for what they are.  AI, RA,  Bill Lambere (sp??), etc....  all !@#$ing thugs.  All stupid and all NBA players.  Go do some research buddy, AI cripple a girl in high school, by breaking a chair over her back.  Yeah real outstanding citizen there, all because someone called him the N word.  I find what she did horrible but no need to break a chair over her back.  Ron Artest started throwing punches at paying customers because he got a paper cup thrown at him, him teammates joined him.  Turns out on film Ron Artest didn't even attack the person who threw the cup.  But don't let that fact bother you and your little racist tirade.

355714[/snapback]

Would you give up the !@#$ing Ron Artest bit? The original comments I made had NOTHING to do with Ron !@#$ing Artest. Not a !@#$ING thing. I'm not even the one who brought up Ron !@#$ING Artest. Do you get my !@#$ing drift here? Well now that you got that sh-- straightened out. Why don't you read into what the comments were really about? The comments in this thread are of a racist nature and I've seen threads in the past about the NBA that refer to the players the same way they are talked about in this thread. You don't have to say "it's because he's black" for someone to know what you are insinuating. I don't hear any of these comments about other sports which have the same problem. Why is that? You want to know why, because in other sports there is a greater mixture of blacks and whites than there is in the NBA. The NBA is a prodominately black league and there is this negative thought process shown towards the players because of it.

Why don't you check the NFL arrest reports before you call the NBA a league of "thugs". We both know what you really mean to say.

Deny it all you want, you know the truth and so do I.