What happened to the OLine and the run game?

Dubie54

6 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Absolutely not.  Allen held onto the ball WAY too long.  He had dump down opportunities and just ignored them.

Flat out incorrect. I've watched the all-22 and there was only one play where Allen failed to make the right read to an open receiver. Not one play failed because he didn't throw the ball to a check down. Several plays featured immediate losses off the line from McGovern or Torrence and there was nothing he could do.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, theRalph said:

The 127 vs NE was the most the Pats have given up all season. They get paid too.

This.  I don't know the Pats personnel, and I really haven't followed them, but the reality is that every Belichick team will play defense well.   I went into the game fairly certain that the Bills wouldn't score 30.   Belichick just won't allow it.   He's been doing ever since he was the Giants' defensive coordinator.  The scary thing was that Belichick might hold the Bills under 20, and once the Pats returned the opening kickoff, I thought the Bills were in a bigger hole than it may have looked.  The Pats weren't getting over 20 unless the Bills gave away points, and that's what they did immediately.  

I don't know if there's a formula for stopping the Bills, but there's not much question that good defense can slow them down considerably.

The Bills have a defense to slow the Dolphins down.  The question is whether the Dolphins can keep the Bills under 30.   

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This.  I don't know the Pats personnel, and I really haven't followed them, but the reality is that every Belichick team will play defense well.   I went into the game fairly certain that the Bills wouldn't score 30.   Belichick just won't allow it.   He's been doing ever since he was the Giants' defensive coordinator.  The scary thing was that Belichick might hold the Bills under 20, and once the Pats returned the opening kickoff, I thought the Bills were in a bigger hole than it may have looked.  The Pats weren't getting over 20 unless the Bills gave away points, and that's what they did immediately.  

I don't know if there's a formula for stopping the Bills, but there's not much question that good defense can slow them down considerably.

The Bills have a defense to slow the Dolphins down.  The question is whether the Dolphins can keep the Bills under 30.   

I think they can. The Bills have  scored more than 30 points only 6 times in 16 games this season. 

18 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I think they can. The Bills have  scored more than 30 points only 6 times in 16 games this season. 

If they can, then the game obviously is in the hands of the Bills' defense.  

16 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Who said they were standouts?

I was trying to reconcile this comment- "Miami doesn't have anywhere near the Dline that NE and LA have" and who on LA that compares with Wilkins, Seiler, Raekwon Davis, and even Ogbah, Van Ginkel and Ingram.

Miami lost some guys but they have depth there.

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I was trying to reconcile this comment- "Miami doesn't have anywhere near the Dline that NE and LA have" and who on LA that compares with Wilkins, Seiler, Raekwon Davis, and even Ogbah, Van Ginkel and Ingram.

Miami lost some guys but they have depth there.

I think you took my comment too far. I said LAs Dline was better than Miami's. That doesn't make 'em "standouts". Last week Miami allowed 160, Rams 105. Yeah, the Dolphins played Baltimore. So lets look at the last three games, Miami allowed 93 per game. Rams allowed 73 per game.

Miami did better earlier in the season, but they're not doing that today.

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Flat out incorrect. I've watched the all-22 and there was only one play where Allen failed to make the right read to an open receiver. Not one play failed because he didn't throw the ball to a check down. Several plays featured immediate losses off the line from McGovern or Torrence and there was nothing he could do.

I mostly agree with this. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.