Sabres Tidbit in Buccigross column...

Ramius

Crosby will end up in New York, Chicago, LA or Detroit. You can count on that. It'll be Patrick Ewing to the Knicks all over again. :doh:

355377[/snapback]

I say Columbus for some reason.

Sabres have a nice team. If they could ever decide on a goalie, they might get back to the postseason.

Why would anyone want Kariya?  Or for that matter Allison?

Kariya is softer than a baby's ass.  Allison has a history of concussions.  Forsberg is a terrific player (probably the best all around in the game) but he's rarely healthy.

Pass.

355226[/snapback]

Bingo

He won't end up in Chicago.  That organization is a joke and they would never intentionally put a Crosby in that owner's hands (I forget his name).

355610[/snapback]

Bill Wirtz.

Jason Allison.......eggs frying.......this is Jason Allison's brain.

355633[/snapback]

That reminds me, when was the last time anyone heard anything about Tim Connolly.

If the Sabres would ride Noronen a while, find a #4 d-man (assuming Zhitnik stays) and find a #1 center to play with Hecht, they could be a handful. Drury is yet another Sabre center who should be a #2 or #3 but forced to play #1 by default, see also Christian Ruuttu and Derek Plante. Hecht is really the only guy the Sabres currently have with the ability to take over a game.

Boy, would Crosby be a nice fit here... let's hope!

I could have sworn, when Tom Golisano purchased the Sabres, at one of his very first press conferences, he inferred that he too hated the new uniforms (they are even more of a downgrade than the Bills new uni's IMO), and that a move would be made toward something much more similar to the old ones. I miss the old school home jerseys. At the time, he seemed to have many plans for the future of the team, but seemed to basically be saying that nothing drastic would happen, until there was a new labor agreementl...

Bill Wirtz.

That reminds me, when was the last time anyone heard anything about Tim Connolly.

If the Sabres would ride Noronen a while, find a #4 d-man (assuming Zhitnik stays) and find a #1 center to play with Hecht, they could be a handful. Drury is yet another Sabre center who should be a #2 or #3 but forced to play #1 by default, see also Christian Ruuttu and Derek Plante.  Hecht is really the only guy the Sabres currently have with the ability to take over a game.

Boy, would Crosby be a nice fit here... let's hope!

356077[/snapback]

Vanek + Crosby = tandem prolly not seen since LaFontaine-Mogilny if things pan out the right way for Tomas and Sidney......and of course if the Sabres get the #1 overall pick.

:flirt:

I say go with a Miller-Noronen duo in net.....move the guitar playing Biron out the door.....the Drury contract now sux0rs, obviously even more than before. And the defense is pretty lame.....get a NHL free agent defenseman....and try to lure Zhitnik back for a couple more years.

Drury is yet another Sabre center who should be a #2 or #3 but forced to play #1 by default, see also Christian Ruuttu and Derek Plante.

356077[/snapback]

I don't disagree that he's not a #1 center, but grouping Chris Drury with Christian Ruuttu and Derek Plante is ridiculous. Drury has weaknesses -- and he would be the first to admit it -- but he's one of the best big-game players in the league. What was it, 11 game winning playoff goals in four years? (Of course, the trouble is that in his last two years, the Sabres and Flames didn't play in very many big games.) He's also universally liked and respected by his teammates, which is why he got the A in Colorado and pretty much took over the C when he got to Buffalo.

I'm a lot happier with Chris Drury centering my second line -- or, in a pinch, my first line -- than I would be with Ruuttu or Plante in those roles.