I may be addicted to Quizno's Subs

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand Quizno's... HATE toasted subs. When they are toasted, it's hard to taste anything that's actually in the Sub.

I will say this, though. Their broccoli cheddar (it's actually called "broccoli cheese") is honestly some of the best soup i have ever had... EVER. I know, I know, its a fast food chain, but it's really unreal. Try it. Love it.

My cousin owns the Quizno's that is being built in Springville.

Had to put his beautiful house up to get the franchise.

He hopes it will be a big hit in Springville.

Most of the ones near me do so/so biz.

Always seems Subway is busier.

Oh Well.

353848[/snapback]

My best to your brother. Damn, God bless him. Thats what the American way is all about, taking chances to further themselves and their families. You dont know unless you try, Christ. Three cheers for your Bro. :w00t:

I'm sorry, but there is no place on this earth that can beat a John and Mary's sub (Harlem Rd. Cheektowaga location) With the Costanzo rolls, the A-Bomb, with their secret sauce is untouchable!!! Not to mention their Sausage Hogie, Italian Sausage Sub, Meatball Sub, Ham Sub and so forth and so on....You get my drift.. And if you grew up in the Cleve Hill District you also know about the Mayonaise Rolls....Back in 1977ish...29 cents plus tax

I dont mean to offend anybody, but I am thinking that many of you guys need to try the food in NYC, where things like this are an afterthought.  :w00t:

354090[/snapback]

Screw offending anybody Bill, You're right. Damn, NYC has the best Deli's , resturants, food stops in the whole world, I've been to over 14 different country's and 40 states in this country, NY has the best. You hit the nail on the head my friend........... :doh:

Subway is much less expensive and much better quality, plus you can put whatever you want on your subs...you end up getting more for your money. At Quiznos you get what it says on the menu and anything else is extra cash. Plus you can toast your subs at Subway now.

353672[/snapback]

I'll give you less expensive but not better quality. In this case, "you get what you pay for" rings true. Subway is crap compared to Quiznos. Subway is obviously toasting things because they know where it's at.

DiBella's in Rochester (and expanding to Buffalo) is quite good but they don't really do hot subs.

354114[/snapback]

Yeah, they're owned by Wegman's now, aren't they? Palermo's on the West Side is really good too, haven't been there in ages...

Just had subs from Southside Deli in Batavia last night. They pile 'em thick with meat...not the cheapest subs, but filling....

Anyone who lives in Jersey or anywhere near it:

Hoagie Haven, Nassau Street, Princeton.

Heaven on earth. No place compares.

As for Rochester, it's DiBella's or nothing.

I'm sorry, but there is no place on this earth that can beat a John and Mary's sub (Harlem Rd. Cheektowaga location) With the Costanzo rolls, the A-Bomb, with their secret sauce is untouchable!!! Not to mention their Sausage Hogie, Italian Sausage Sub, Meatball Sub, Ham Sub and so forth and so on....You get my drift.. And if you grew up in the Cleve Hill District you also know about the Mayonaise Rolls....Back in 1977ish...29 cents plus tax

354089[/snapback]

Costanzo's Bakery makes fantasic sub rolls. I frequently bring back to Atlanta 1 or 2 dozen sub rolls. They freeze surprising well, lasting a good long time.

I can't believe a message board site dominated by current and former Buffalonians is talking about Quizno's or Subway. Being out of town, I enjoy them both for occasional lunches, but they don't hold a candle to most good Buffalo sub joints.

An old favorite from Buffalo was commonly known as The Royalé - a combination of lettuce, tomato, provolone, Italian sausage, cappicola, topped with fried onions and bell peppers. A sprinkle of oil/vinegar dressing and some mayo and it was a heart attack waiting to happen. Good as all hell. You can't get anything that compares at one of these chain sub places.

What's next - a thread about the wonders of Pizza Hut and Papa John's famous conveyor belt cardboard dough pizza?

I can't believe a message board site dominated by current and former Buffalonians is talking about Quizno's or Subway.

354400[/snapback]

Unfortunately you have to get what you can get. There's a place here in Jacksonville called Sub Station II that has good subs. Lightly toasted, much like back home but it's still kindof "chainy".... :)

DiBella's in Rochester (and expanding to Buffalo) is quite good but they don't really do hot subs.

354114[/snapback]

DiBella's and Wegmans are one in the same. Nothing touches their subs.

Oh, and Wegmans does some great (hot) chicken finger subs.

Costanzo's Bakery makes fantasic sub rolls. I frequently bring back to Atlanta 1 or 2 dozen sub rolls. They freeze surprising well, lasting a good long time.

I can't believe a message board site dominated by current and former Buffalonians is talking about Quizno's or Subway. Being out of town, I enjoy them both for occasional lunches, but they don't hold a candle to most good Buffalo sub joints.

An old favorite from Buffalo was commonly known as The Royalé - a combination of lettuce, tomato, provolone, Italian sausage, cappicola, topped with fried onions and bell peppers. A sprinkle of oil/vinegar dressing and some mayo and it was a heart attack waiting to happen. Good as all hell. You can't get anything that compares at one of these chain sub places.

What's next - a thread about the wonders of Pizza Hut and Papa John's famous conveyor belt cardboard dough pizza?

354400[/snapback]

:) Of course, Bocce's is nothing compared to Papa John's! And forget that beef on weck garbage - give me an Arby's on a hamburger roll! Yuuuum!

:P Of course, Bocce's is nothing compared to Papa John's! And forget that beef on weck garbage - give me an Arby's on a hamburger roll!  Yuuuum!

354438[/snapback]

Speaking of Beef on Weck. I can't wait until the end of this month. I will be sitting in the Beef and Barrel in Olean eating the best Beef on Weck around. Yummm.... :)

Exactly!

Whenever I fly home, I make sure my parents have a nice Leon's pizza sub waiting for me. I *love* those things. I try to replicate them at home, but it's just not the same... :)

I'll be eating well August 19th - August 25th :P (no home opener this year though, since my wife will be in grad school and has classes then ;) ).

CW