It was one year and one day ago

Don't worry, it will be back. Believe it or not, the new CBA is almost agreed upon. Rumor has it that the announcement will come a week from today, and the draft will be on the 25th or 26th. The Sabres will have a higher probablility of getting the 1st pick (and thus Sidney Crosby) than most teams.

There is also a rumor of a pre-season tournament with cheap tickets to get the fans back into things.

Today is the third day of the NHL R&D camp, where they try different rule changes to see their effectiveness on the game. TSN story

Its coming back folks....and don't look now, but the Sabres should actually be pretty good :w00t:

Well, out of all this, they(NHL managment) are finally aware that their game has turned to ****. Although it took them 10 years to catch on, it looks like they are ready to make changes to make it exciting again. I dont necessarliy agree that making the nets bigger will do that though. More scoring does not = excitement. Example: NBA. My opinion is that no center line and obstruction rule enforcement will accopmplish what the game needs.

Link

Don't worry, it will be back.  Believe it or not, the new CBA is almost agreed upon.  Rumor has it that the announcement will come a week from today, and the draft will be on the 25th or 26th.  The Sabres will have a higher probablility of getting the 1st pick (and thus Sidney Crosby) than most teams.

There is also a rumor of a pre-season tournament with cheap tickets to get the fans back into things.

Today is the third day of the NHL R&D camp, where they try different rule changes to see their effectiveness on the game. TSN story

Its coming back folks....and don't look now, but the Sabres should actually be pretty good  :w00t:

353392[/snapback]

Here's a good link on the latest rumors. I check it everyday. Someone here posted this link a week or so ago. Very informative.

NHL Update

Who the hell is Sidney Crosby?

That's the problem with hockey. The "stars" are people you'd walk by on the street and never notice.

353544[/snapback]

Would you recognize Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemiux if you walked by them on the street? Most hockey fans would. They are the superstars of the sport... I can't say I'd recognize half the Bills if I saw them on the street.

Sidney Crosby is probably the most talked about prospect since Eric Lindros. He will almost certainly go first overall in the draft when they have it, so the draft lottery is a pretty big deal. And, if he turns out to not be a Lindros-like bust, he may actually be the next Gretzky, and you'll notice him.

Who the hell is Sidney Crosby?

That's the problem with hockey. The "stars" are people you'd walk by on the street and never notice.

353544[/snapback]

Actually, they're people YOU'D walk by on the street and never notice. :w00t:

Crosby is the best player in the QMJHL and his play has been compared to Marcel Dionne. He's the next "can't miss" hotshot. His team just won the championship and he scored 31 points in 13 playoff games, including 14 goals.

Actually, they're people YOU'D walk by on the street and never notice. :w00t:

Crosby is the best player in the QMJHL and his play has been compared to Marcel Dionne.  He's the next "can't miss" hotshot.  His team just won the championship and he scored 31 points in 13 playoff games, including 14 goals.

353562[/snapback]

And what makes you think the Sabres would be able to keep a player of that stature? They couldn't even keep Michael Peca in town.

Different owner, different rules.  It'd sure be fun to watch him in blue and gold.

353576[/snapback]

If we won the lottery it would be the best day in Sabres history since we won the spin for Gil Perreault.