Stupidest Challenge of All Time

WEATHER DOT COM

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

It didn't matter because our 20M per year DE couldn't set the edge on a RB who I could beat in a race... but hoo boy, if we got the ball back down 6 with 1:10 left and came up short because we ran out of time due to McDermott burning a challenge in that situation... FOR NINE YARDS... this board would be apocalyptic.  

He shouldn't be let off the hook just because it didn't matter. 

That challenge was legitimately insane. 

McDermott and Dorsey need to be fired if they won't resign. Enough is enough.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, motorj said:

The challenge and going for 2, the worst calls of the day, bengals now forced and determined not to give the ball back or the'd lose with a td

Yes! Can anyone explain the going for 2 there???? My focus isn't on being critical, it's not understanding at all why we saw the Bucs do it last week with 2mins left, like they saw a scenario where they're kicking 2 fgs to tie?

Same thing for us? PAT makes it 7. 2pt makes it 6.... did we envision 2 fgs to tie with 3mins left or am I missing something?

Can't remember ever seeing anything like that, outside of a lesser team going for 2pts at end of game to win, instead of a tie for OT.

What was the thinking there??? Some new analytics?

8 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Yes! Can anyone explain the going for 2 there???? My focus isn't on being critical, it's not understanding at all why we saw the Bucs do it last week with 2mins left, like they saw a scenario where they're kicking 2 fgs to tie?

Same thing for us? PAT makes it 7. 2pt makes it 6.... did we envision 2 fgs to tie with 3mins left or am I missing something?

Can't remember ever seeing anything like that, outside of a lesser team going for 2pts at end of game to win, instead of a tie for OT.

What was the thinking there??? Some new analytics?

It's becoming common now. New analytics. I think the thought is the combined likelihood of getting one two point conversion in two tries, with the potential that it occurs first   (which essentially wins the game) is better than the likelihood of winning while playing for the tie and OT. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

It's becoming common now. New analytics. I think the thought is the combined likelihood of getting one two point conversion in two tries, with the potential that it occurs first   (which essentially wins the game) is better than the likelihood of winning while playing for the tie and OT. 

Interestinggggggg. Would love to see datapoints on it. Knee jerk is to hate it, but I could be open to this

11 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Interestinggggggg. Would love to see datapoints on it. Knee jerk is to hate it, but I could be open to this

Ya, not sold myself, but makes some sense.

We are seeing teams do this late in games. The math gets pretty straight forward on doing this at the success rates of 2 point conversions. 

image.thumb.png.4296fd3cef03cefefc91942a68e0a01d.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Ya, not sold myself, but makes some sense.

We are seeing teams do this late in games. The math gets pretty straight forward on doing this at the success rates of 2 point conversions. 

image.thumb.png.4296fd3cef03cefefc91942a68e0a01d.png

interesting. i hadnt seen it till Bucs did it.... that one made me extra salty cause ive never seen it and it killed a +550 parlay by 1pt lolllllllll i was flabberghasted

obv im on very limited info, but it seems like something inferior teams need to be doing against better teams late in game..... my first reaction was, this doesnt fit us, but it did last night! trying to backdoor a W against a bad matchup team for us, in a hostile environment yikes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.