Geddy Lee asks: Are bass players human too? New docuseries on Paramount Plus in December

Draconator

https://consequence.net/2023/10/geddy-lee-paramount-docuseries/

RUSH legend Geddy Lee headlines an upcoming Paramount+ docuseries titled Geddy Lee Asks: Are Bass Players Human Too? The four-part series, premiering December 5th, will feature Lee engaging in random activities with fellow bassists Krist Novoselic (Nirvana), Robert Trujillo (Metallica), Les Claypool (Primus), and Melissa Auf der Maur (ex-Smashing Pumpkins, ex-Hole).

In the just-released trailer (watch below), we see Lee visiting each of the aforementioned bassists’ homes, whereby he cans tomatoes and fruit with Novoselic; surfs with Trujillo; goes fishing and flies in an airplane with Claypool; and jams on the bass with Auf der Maur.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

I wouldn't call him a legend.. Jack, Jack, Jaco, etc. but they did have one solid lp... Hemispheres. 

I'd call him a legend. And pretty much every Rush album before (and including) "Moving Pictures" was a solid LP.

• Agree 2

I will be looking for which instruments they will be playing.  My son plays bass and his favorite guitar was the vintage blonde Gibson Ripper as pictured.  Chris Novoselic played one in Nirvana back in the day. always slung super low.

blonde.jpg

On 10/26/2023 at 7:58 PM, T&C said:

Caress of steel was a POS...

CoS was an album that Rush made for Rush -- in spite of their best intentions.  As someone who's made music for 30+ years (writing tunes, gigging, touring, mixing, engineering, etc), it's easy to fall into that trap.

But what surprises me more about CoS is that they followed up with... 2112, and that 2112 resonated with people.  2112, for whatever reason, is weird and wonderful in ways that CoS isn't.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.