If the Bills make it back to the Super Bowl...

Rubes

I say we start a petition to make them wear the retro jerseys and helmets for the big game. How awesome would that be? Who's with me?

I say we start a petition to make them wear the retro jerseys and helmets for the big game. How awesome would that be? Who's with me?

351969[/snapback]

Start a petition to have them wear the retro stuff for EVERY game.

351977[/snapback]

While that would be great, it won't happen. Too much marketing went into the new duds.

351977[/snapback]

Indeed. I love the old unis. I have my BIlls franchise in Madden 2005 in them almost every game. For some reason, it will switch on you if the other team wears a certain color.

That brings up another interesting occurance. Last night I was playing the Patsies, and they came out in the old school red and white. Anyone know what's the haps on that?

Petitions wouldn't work in this situation - the NFL requires teams to notify them a year in advance of any uniform changes.

351992[/snapback]

Including what they might wear if they make it to the big game?

Including what they might wear if they make it to the big game?

352004[/snapback]

I don't know for a fact, but I would be willing to guarantee the NFL wouldn't allow a throwback uni in the Super Bowl.

While that would be great, it won't happen. Too much marketing went into the new duds.

351986[/snapback]

So? The new uniforms were a failure. They were too much of a break from the Bills (royal blue) tradition and not bold enough to be cool on their own. Basically they look like the old Bills unis and the current Broncos unis had a baby (with the Titans unis possibly carrying the child).

A lot of marketing is going into the retro uniforms. If that's what the fans want, give it to them. Er, I mean, give it to US!

So?  The new uniforms were a failure.  They were too much of a break from the Bills (royal blue) tradition and not bold enough to be cool on their own.  Basically they look like the old Bills unis and the current Broncos unis had a baby (with the Titans unis possibly carrying the child).

A lot of marketing is going into the retro uniforms.  If that's what the fans want, give it to them.  Er, I mean, give it to US!

352081[/snapback]

How can a uniform be a "failure?" :lol:

Ask Islanders fans during the Gorton's Fisherman years.

352152[/snapback]

now that might be the single ugliest jersey ever created in any sport...what kind of marketing genius goes..."hey lets take teal and orange as jersey colors, and then put the guy from the fish-stick box on the front, hockey fans will love it"

I don't know for a fact, but I would be willing to  guarantee the NFL wouldn't allow a throwback uni in the Super Bowl.

352011[/snapback]

The Bills could just do it. Just like Talley use to wear his Spiderman spandex shirt whenever he wanted to, knowing he'd pay a fine though.