The 2 point conversion attempt

buffblue

4 hours ago, buffblue said:

Has anyone had a good look at the replay? It seemed live that Allen had Shakir open immediately but didn't see it, then soft balled the throw when he did target him. Seemed similar to a play with Harty earlier in the year.

I know it didn't impact the result in the end, but is Allen picking up on sure fire opportunities in the red zone too late? Another comparison would be the McKenzie dirt throw in Miami last year (though exhaustion likely played a factor there). 

Not intending this to be a critical post of Allen, who I thought played well again today and was far from the problem for the Bills. 

I'm watching on TV yelling throw it, but agree he waited to long.

People are pointing to the drop by Cook, Unless there was another one, I recall the one early in the game and that was one of these where he's like 5 yards away from Allen, barely turned his head and Allen is firing a fastball at him.  And blaming him for the drop??  A couple weeks back there was a similar one, think it was to Knox.  Too often Allen isn't giving the receiver a fair shot to catch it on these 5 yard passes.

4 hours ago, buffblue said:

Has anyone had a good look at the replay? It seemed live that Allen had Shakir open immediately but didn't see it, then soft balled the throw when he did target him. Seemed similar to a play with Harty earlier in the year.

He lobbed it out there thinking Shakir had a easy stroll into the endzone and wanted to make sure of the catch is all.

41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Why did we have a designed play to the last player on our depth chart on a 2 point conversion?

They’ll never see it coming! - Dorsey, probably, even though throwing to Diggs literally every play is the superior play to everything he has ever cooked up in his silly little brain.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.