Dorsey & game management

WIDE LEFT

7 hours ago, GustheDog33 said:

Seriously no reason to attack me or my time coaching ball.  You have no idea how my teams did. Maybe we won a ton of games and scored a ton of points?  I didn't get to be in that position because I wasn't able and I didn't leave that position because I "fired." Sorry people disagree with you and your take.  But, when you put your opinions out there, you might get people responding who disagree.  Its the way it goes.  I didn't come after you or your character, but it seems you must be a joy to be around.

We did run out the clock when the game was out of reach, as I mentioned, but if we weren’t sure it was out of reach for the opponent we kept the pedal down.  Why wouldn't you?  

Have a great day.

Was at a swim Meet Tues night and a football game on Sat I ref. The 1 team just scored to ti e the game and the other team stopped them 3 and out had the momentum and sacked there qb on 4th down.  A t came out on the field with the coach and said cause the went for it on 4th down to get the first are your ok.  Kid said yeah coach signaled me to stay down.  Layed on his back four 10 minutes got to dark we had to call the game no lights. I told the other coach we know  all the coaches.  2nd coach was pissed 😤 because they were denied the chance to get the ball back with 40 seconds left in the game.

So was it a dick move

Gamesmanship 

Or true sportsmanship 

Win lose or draw

On 10/4/2023 at 8:20 AM, WIDE LEFT said:

No I didn’t know it was an audible and I don’t believe you have that inside knowledge either. But let’s concede that it was an audible. Your QB should not be allowed to audible in that situation. Sometimes you have to protect Allen from himself. He opened himself up to a huge and completely unnecessary hit. And showed off to future opponents a great play design.

I am not at all surprised by the responses here. Basically “ everything worked out so what’s your problem”. That’s fine UNTIL everything doesn’t work out. The Allen 4th quarter interception with a big lead isn’t always going to get wiped out by a penalty. Reckless clock & game management will come back to bite you in the playoffs. You haven’t seen the Bills in the past fail to drill down on these type of issues in the past. Like 13 seconds? Yes everything fine, until it isn’t. 

Your QB should always have the option to audible.

Clappys shutdown of the dolphins scoreboard busting offense shows that he can make the necessary adjustments to beat the best in midgame. That is the mark of a great coach. Dorseys lighting up the offense in the second half is icing on the cake 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.