Taylor Rapp: Have we found our future Poyer replacement?

Sammy Watkins' Rib

6 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I'm not signing him to an extension mid-season when he hasn't played well.  A lot of good players here who might benefit from being a part of a better unit.  Poyer came from nothing, Hyde wasn't even a fulltime starter in GB and they saw something in him.  Someone like Chinn who's struggling in carolina could be a good fit in buffalo.  Dugger from NE might be a fit.  Could try a 1yr fill in and try chuck clark off an injury. 

I'm in the same boat of looking to move on from both potentially, but also being open to their return.  Poyer less so - he doesn't seem to be playing as fast as he used to.  But it's week 4 and there's a lot of football left to play, and when he's on he's among our best defensive players.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/safety//

I’m with you, I’d love Dugger here, but I do think he’s a little like Edmunds in that the hype is bigger than the actual bite.  

I’m sure the disagreement you got on this post is somebody that doesn’t recall the truth, Hyde was an emerging player that bounced between CB and S in GB, he seemed too good to keep off the field and I was thrilled to land him.  He has been a stud and I think he’s got some time left to play at a high level, so I’d like to bring him back if we can.  Poyer was a nobody, he’s been really good here.  That said, he’s abused his body and he looks like he’s done to me.  He never did take great angles and he’s slower this year.  I wasn’t excited they brought him back, really felt it was a waste of assets.   I hope I’m proven wrong, but week 4 and he’s already out.  The two of them were low cost, high performers for a while and then they got contracts that reflected their value.  At this point, it’s business, either Hyde comes back at a reasonable (not cheap, but not stupid) deal that works for both sides or he doesn’t.  Poyer, already has one foot out the door and I don’t see him being here next year. 

15 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Rapp needs to be extended immediately!! Rapp is a hitter and has good speed. I'd like to extend Leonard Floyd too. The secondary didn't seem to skip a beat with Rapp back there

Actually Rapp has lower than average speed for a safety but he is extremely quick with fast reaction time.  

He will not catch breakaway fast runners but can maneuver thru traffic to make plays.

• Agree 1

On 10/2/2023 at 5:06 PM, Limeaid said:

Actually Rapp has lower than average speed for a safety but he is extremely quick with fast reaction time.  

He will not catch breakaway fast runners but can maneuver thru traffic to make plays.

One of the things i believe he was noted for when with Rams was Football IQ.

perhaps still learning McDs not so simple defense with all the trickery 😇

Edited by 3rdand12

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.