What's on Your Grill for Tomorrow's Dolphins Game?

HIT BY SPIKES

25 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Dolfin (not flipper)- otherwise known as Mahi Mahi with a homemade mango salsa on top.

Mango salsa can make a meal, especially a nice piece of fish!!! I’ve made it to enjoy with scoop chips and that’s one thing I can just keep eating, for better or worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If anyone is having beef on weck, I recommend Miller's Homestyle horseradish, from Lockport N.Y.  I recently had a relative from the States bring a jar to a family gathering.  I have not had a horseradish as powerful as that since the 1980s.  I am surprised the Miller's is not regulated by the Bureau of ATF. 😳

(It might be a shameless plug, but sweet fancy Moses, it's potent!)

One of the few back home things I can get down here... they also sell extra coarse but I just go with the homestyle.

19 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Can't get dolphin to cook up here in Canada.

Damn you Flipper!!!!

I so pumped for tomorrow's season defining game that I decided to do the cooking today and concentrate on beveraging tomorrow.

I had two sizeable chunks of Red Tuna that I was going to smoke on the Big Green Egg but decided to grill them instead.  Overcooked them a little -- not purple in the centre -- so I chopped sweet onions and celery and mixed the flaked up tuna with mayo and fresh ground pepper to make tuna salad for sandwiches tomorrow.

I did smoke two Pork Bellies and a Beef Tenderloin wrapped in a lb. of bacon.  Worked out great!!!  Sliced up the beef for more sandwiches.  Also sliced up the "bacon" for BLTs tomorrow morning featuring garden tomatoes.

Steamed 2 lbs. mussels as well that I topped with a fish broth based sauce but it looks like the wife finished them off so none left for tomorrow's game.

The three dogs won out with the bacon and pork fat being mixed into their kibble.

What's on your menu for tomorrow?

Wow! You must have had to taken out a second mortgage to buy those meats. My understanding is that meat prices in Canada are sky high.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.