12,000 Iraqi civilians killed in past 18 months

According to story (below) 12,000 citizens killed in past 18 months.

Fox News Story

I don't know how you can call this winning the war on terror. It's not stopping. It's getting worse. How does the Bush administration say that we are winning the war on terror when so many innocent lives are now being extinguished?

That said, these pigs who kill their own people are sickening. How can you kill innocent civilians like that? Disgusting immoral pigs.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bush Administration has nothing do to with a large percentage of these deaths.

The Iraqi people wanted freedom. They are now paying the price for it by being victims of daily suicide bombings.

In case you never heard this term, "Freedom isn't free."

Fox News Story

I don't know how you can call this winning the war on terror. It's not stopping. It's getting worse. How does the Bush administration say that we are winning the war on terror when so many innocent lives are now being extinguished?

That said, these pigs who kill their own people are sickening. How can you kill innocent civilians like that? Disgusting immoral pigs.

350695[/snapback]

Isn't that way less than the number that would have died living under Saddam's rule and the UN Oil-for-Palaces embargo that he was exploiting?

Isn't that way less than the number that would have died living under Saddam's rule and the UN Oil-for-Palaces embargo that he was exploiting?

350745[/snapback]

Oh shutup. Who cares that the UNICEF report stated that 6400 Iraqi children were dying PER MONTH due to the sanctions? We've lost 12000 since the regimes removal to terrorists.

Sorry, gotta go. Pepperoni Pizza Hot Pocket is done.

Oh shutup. Who cares that the UNICEF report stated that 6400 Iraqi children were dying PER MONTH due to the sanctions?  We've lost 12000 since the regimes removal to terrorists. 

Sorry, gotta go.  Pepperoni Pizza Hot Pocket is done.

350754[/snapback]

Wrong, 12,000 total people have died, not 12,000 children. The UNICEF report was children only. How many people total is a much higher number.

However it is sad that they are dying, but there comes a point in time where the Iraqi's are going to have to step forward en-masse and protect themselves.

In case you never heard this term, "Freedom isn't free."

350705[/snapback]

"It costs a buck-o-five."

Couldn't help it- just watched Team America: World Police.

Wrong, 12,000 total people have died, 12,000 children.  The UNICEF report was children only.  How many people total is a much higher number. 

However it is sad that they are dying, but there comes a point in time where the Iraqi's are going to have to step forward en-masse and protect themselves.

350759[/snapback]

I'm still trying to decipher your first sentence...

And the UNICEF report wasn't children only. It was women and children but I only used the 6400 children number.

Fox News Story

350695[/snapback]

We're winning the war becasue it's not Americans that are dying. That's the only thing that really matters.

Fox News Story

350695[/snapback]

Some people claim that the war on terror can't be won.........terrorism is wrong, and we must fight it, and win it- or go down trying.

Fox News Story

350695[/snapback]

Am I the only one that's asking what the definition of "killed" is that led to the number "12,000"? It is possible, after all, that the definition used to reach that number is so wildly inaccurate that the actual numbers are closer to 6,000...or 24,000...

Nah, it doesn't matter. The press says "12,000 killed", so it must be right. They wouldn't publish anything inaccurate, after all... :lol:

Am I the only one that's asking what the definition of "killed" is that led to the number "12,000"?  It is possible, after all, that the definition used to reach that number is so wildly inaccurate that the actual numbers are closer to 6,000...or 24,000...

Nah, it doesn't matter.  The press says "12,000 killed", so it must be right.  They wouldn't publish anything inaccurate, after all...  :lol:

350855[/snapback]

Fox, to my surprise was reporting the new Iraqi government's numbers.

So.....the new Iraqi government wouldn't report anything inaccurate, would they?

12,000 Iraqi civilians were killed, including more than 10,000 Shiites, Interior Minister Bayan Jabr said, citing figures from a research center

or should I say a research center??

Fox News Story

350695[/snapback]

FACT: Not one "Suicide Bomber" in Iraq was actually from Iraq.

They have all come from their good neighbors: Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, etc.

This tatic of kiling your own,and blowing up mosques that belong to different sects of Islam seems to me to be a last gasp of desperation. I am sure they would rather be blowing up Western Infidels if they could. Plus, I can't believe it is winning the hearts and minds of the people over there.

Fox, to my surprise was reporting the new Iraqi government's numbers.

So.....the new Iraqi government wouldn't report anything inaccurate, would they?

12,000 Iraqi civilians were killed, including more than 10,000 Shiites, Interior Minister Bayan Jabr said, citing figures from a research center

or should I say a research center??

350875[/snapback]

Rhetorical questions, obviously. Poor and inaccurate statistical research happens all the time. My question is: why should I take it at face value just because Fox (or Reuters, which is where I first read the story) says so? Am I really supposed to expect that the media verified the report's credibility and methodology?

I'm just bitching...because I HATE this kind of reporting: throw some unverified sh-- against the wall, and see what sticks. Aside from the fact that it infringes on my crap-throwing franchise, it doesn't mean anything, and is reported by people who doubtlessly don't know anything about it other than the number "12000". It is, once again, piss-poor reporting...

Amazing how many people divert attention from the topic of my post. The "Yes, but ..." answers are amazing. Never did I say that saddam wasn't worthy of his fate, and that he wasn't a bad man. All I said was that the situation is a major cluster!@#$ of which our brilliant minds in washington hardly expected. I'm sure many Iraqis will eventually be better off. But remember, this is not only an attempt at bringing freedom to Iraqi people, but also an attempt to get rid of Saddam's WMDs, and end the threat of terror in the world. To me, 12K people dying (and the numbers are increasing in frequency) is not a sign of success.

The point is civilians are being killed. Still. The point of a war on terror is to reduce that number. It's not happening. A shame, in my mind.

I said nothing about our troops, the dumbass and oft-repeated mantra that "Freedom isn't free."

Think for yourselves folks. Rid your minds of "Four legs good, two legs bad." Everything isn't coming up roses. This isn't some dumbass liberal anti-war post. It's an attempt to bring to light a few facts, and if you folks don't want to look at some actual numbers, you are doing yourselves a disservice.

FACT: Not one "Suicide Bomber" in Iraq was actually from Iraq.

They have all come from their good neighbors: Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, etc.

This tatic of kiling your own,and blowing up mosques that belong to different sects of Islam seems to me to be a last gasp of desperation. I am sure they would rather be blowing up Western Infidels if they could. Plus, I can't believe it is winning the hearts and minds of the people over there.

350899[/snapback]

Get real. There are plenty terrorists from ouside the country, but many are Iraqis. State your sources regarding your "fact". I'll wait patiently.

We're winning the war becasue it's not Americans that are dying.  That's the only thing that really matters.

350805[/snapback]

Good Lord. Please don't be a mongoloid.

Am I the only one that's asking what the definition of "killed" is that led to the number "12,000"?  It is possible, after all, that the definition used to reach that number is so wildly inaccurate that the actual numbers are closer to 6,000...or 24,000...

Nah, it doesn't matter.  The press says "12,000 killed", so it must be right.  They wouldn't publish anything inaccurate, after all...  :lol:

350855[/snapback]

Unicef wouldn't "estimate" anything incorrectly, either. Take ALL stats with a bucket of salt.

Disclaimer: Saddam was a bad man. He deserves to die. He should have died in 1992 at the hands of our soldiers. He exploited oil-for-food with the help of our "allies". I'm disputing none of this. My only point is that we are not winning the war on terror.

So, should we be just as upset at deaths in other country's that are trying to create a democracy?  We suck! We Suck!

Or should I say that LBJ killed 58K young black men  :lol:

come-on Todd :lol:

350862[/snapback]

Let's be civil here. The situation in Iraq, despite the freedom we are bringing the citizens, is not one that indicates that we are "winning the war on terror." The number of innocent deaths at the hands of these sickos is rising, and it isn't getting better. That's all I'm saying.