Kudos to Shaquille O'Neal....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaq is definitely in a very small class in a league full of thugs. Right now during is off time, he's helping police track down children sexual predators on the internet. Here's an article.

http://www.lsusports.net/index.cfm?md=news...667&category=MB

350184[/snapback]

Quite an article. The overriding good (and sometimes bad) attribute about O'Neal is that he is a kid at heart. Rare to see such innocence and enthusiasm in someone who has the perks in life that he has obtained.

Too bad the LA cops didn't use his surveillance skills to infiltrate neverland. :D

during his post game interview that he heard George Mikan's family was struggling to pay for the funeral, and if they called the Miami Heat front office, that he would like to personally pay for the funeral himself.

Shaq deflected the first question about the game, and then made Craig Sager essentially talk about George Mikan.  Shaq thanked Mikan for paving the way for him, and said paying for the funeral would be the least he could do.

I like Shaq!

350167[/snapback]

New respect for Shaq

I have more respect for Shaquille O'Neal after reading this.

Now if only the NBA acted with as much respect for the pioneers of the NBA, and gave them a better pension. Shortly before Mikan died, ESPN did a feature on him, and said he was getting a measly $1000 a month pension, which came no where near to covering his medical and living expenses.

Being around college basketball players at the time of the whole Kobe-Shaq debate, the feeling in our locker room from the coaches who knew Shaq, and players who ate everything up he said was that... "Kobe and Shaq are both jerks, its just that Shaq is funny and he gets a pass from most." I agree with that statement, but i also make a sidenote. I think Shaq lets 10% of his personality that is jerkish out in the media, but yet does so in a funny way which makes it seem sarcastic instead of rude. That being said, Shaq has always been on the side of doing the right thing at almost all times. While making near the top of the league, he donates more money than most players and he seems to enjoy being around kids. I really think that if the NBA had multiple players like him (personality wise) at the All-Star level, the NBA may be on the road back to gaining a lot of respect from the casual fan.

Those punks?

Sounds like a little animosity from BF in Indiana. I guess it is those punks (Pistons) that caused Artest and his boys to start swingin' in the seats at The Palace.

That was cool of Shaq, but hopefully the Pistons can get it together for tommorow night and quit bitchin' about the refs and play the game.

Go Pistons!

Not sure if anyone posted this, and apologize if it's a repost, but Shaq has made it known that he plans to be a cop when he retires from basketball. He went through a bunch of training, etc., when he was out here. A pretty likeable guy.

I mean...he's no Kobe Bryant, but he's okay.

Those punks?

Sounds like a little animosity from BF in Indiana. I guess it is those punks (Pistons) that caused Artest and his boys to start swingin' in the seats at The Palace.

350419[/snapback]

You have to remember, if the player is not on one of BF's teams...and sometimes even when they are, like TH...they are a punk. A despicable piece of crap punk. Always. So far the only people in this world who aren't punks to BF are Ron Artest and Alaska Darin. :D

Not sure if anyone posted this, and apologize if it's a repost, but Shaq has made it known that he plans to be a cop when he retires from basketball. He went through a bunch of training, etc., when he was out here. A pretty likeable guy.

I mean...he's no Kobe Bryant, but he's okay.

350474[/snapback]

How in the hell is he going to fit in a police car :D heheh

Can you imagine getting arrested by him?? Holy cow...BIG guy...

How in the hell is he going to fit in a police car <_< heheh

Can you imagine getting arrested by him?? Holy cow...BIG guy...

350478[/snapback]

If memory serves me, he preferred to be on bike. Last I heard he wanted to ride side-by-side (kinda like Ponch and John) with Kellen Winslow. :D

You have to remember, if the player is not on one of BF's teams...and sometimes even when they are, like TH...they are a punk. A despicable piece of crap punk. Always. So far the only people in this world who aren't punks to BF are Ron Artest and Alaska Darin. <_<

350476[/snapback]

It's so great to be popular. :D

You have to remember, if the player is not on one of BF's teams...and sometimes even when they are, like TH...they are a punk. A despicable piece of crap punk. Always. So far the only people in this world who aren't punks to BF are Ron Artest and Alaska Darin. <_<

350476[/snapback]

Funny you mention it. I've wondered at times if BF and Alaska Darin are really the same person....

:D

Funny you mention it.  I've wondered at times if BF and Alaska Darin are really the same person....

:D

350496[/snapback]

Now stop that we all know Ice and AD are the same person.

Just like we know NBF and CTM are the same person.

BF's other personna I believe was erynthered.

And in such esteemed company.

350512[/snapback]

The difference is Artest was pissed because someone threw something at him, even though he didn't get hurt. Darin wuld be pissed because someone wasted a good beer. Darin would be more justified in his reasoning. Alchohol abuse is a felony. :D

I like Shaq and believe his heart was in the right place regarding Mikan.  I just don't think I'd want it to be public knowledge that I couldn't pay for my own funeral.

350514[/snapback]

Not sure it matter to George at this point. :D