Gosh, could Amnesty International be biased??

Washington Times

The top leadership of Amnesty International USA, which unleashed a blistering attack last week on the Bush administration's handling of war detainees, contributed the maximum $2,000 to Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign.

Federal Election Commission records show that William F. Schulz, executive director of Amnesty USA, contributed $2,000 to Mr. Kerry's campaign last year. Mr. Schulz also has contributed $1,000 to the 2006 campaign of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat.

Also, Joe W. "Chip" Pitts III, board chairman of Amnesty International USA, gave the maximum $2,000 allowed by federal law to John Kerry for President. Mr. Pitts is a lawyer and entrepreneur who advises the American Civil Liberties Union.

I, for one, am SHOCKED! :lol:

Washington Times

I, for one, am SHOCKED!  :lol:

349563[/snapback]

So because they contributed to the presidential campaign of the person that they felt would do a better job with human rights, that automatically makes them biased?

So, since I voted for John Kerry, I'm no longer registered a republican? :w00t:

Biased yes, but transparent. It is clear that they are against the death penalty, torture, detaining prisoners of conscience, etc.

Why should America be so thin-skinned when they skewer most nation-states

in their international report?

Let's stand with China and Burma to root out this bias? :lol:

So because they contributed to the presidential campaign of the person that they felt would do a better job with human rights, that automatically makes them biased?

So, since I voted for John Kerry, I'm no longer registered a republican?  :lol:

349570[/snapback]

No, you are. But you're also an idiot.

So, since I voted for John Kerry, I'm no longer registered a republican?  :doh:

349570[/snapback]

I thought we had been through this. You have some ideas bordering on sensible, why don't you follow them through?

Yeah but 49% of the country is by that criterion...

349764[/snapback]

i think you got your numbers flipped

its closer to 94%, and thats being generous :doh:

***EDIT*** oh, and i forgot to mention 2 things

Amnesty International = RJ

Amnesty International needs more cowbell

All the cowbell in the world wouldn't help them.

349953[/snapback]

I betcha Rush Limbaugh would take issue with that. They are still trying to save his fat ass from the humiliation of having his medical records released...in spite of the fact that he's a big fat idiot.

If preserving civil liberties is a bad thing, we're in a little more trouble than I thought.

I betcha Rush Limbaugh would take issue with that.  They are still trying to save his fat ass from the humiliation of having his medical records released...in spite of the fact that he's a big fat idiot.

If preserving civil liberties is a bad thing, we're in a little more trouble than I thought.

350069[/snapback]

AI is doing that? You sure you're not confusing them with the ACLU?

They are still trying to save his fat ass from the humiliation of having his medical records released...in spite of the fact that he's a big fat idiot.

350069[/snapback]

Funny, I've heard ten year olds say the same thing in the past. Nice work :)

You've fallin to a really new low........... :doh:

Come on people, this whole bru-haha is another example of what happens when the "liberal media" gets their hands on a story. What AI really said is that the Bush administration needs more cowbell!!! :D

AI is doing that?  You sure you're not confusing them with the ACLU?

350096[/snapback]

Facts are not important when you have an agenda. Just make statements and hope nobody actually checks to see if they are true.

Washington Times

I, for one, am SHOCKED!  :D

349563[/snapback]

You have an anti-bias bias. <_<

I don't understand this perversion of the word "bias." OF COURSE THEY ARE BAISED! They are supposed to be biased towards the issues they were formed to advocate for. Guess what? The Heritage Foundation is biased; Sierra Club is biased; Catholisism is biased; George Bush is biased; John Kerry is biased; I am biased; and you are biased.

Oh yeah, that rag you quoted your article from, the Washington Times, is biased towards the extreme right wing.

Bias in and of itself is not a bad thing - it a good thing in a democracy. Different biases boiling in the labatory of ideas is what democracy is about.

You have an anti-bias bias.  :D

I don't understand this perversion of the word "bias." OF COURSE THEY ARE BAISED! They are supposed to be biased towards the issues they were formed to advocate for. Guess what? The Heritage Foundation is biased; Sierra Club is biased; Catholisism is biased; George Bush is biased; John Kerry is biased; I am biased; and you are biased.

Oh yeah, that rag you quoted your article from, the Washington Times, is biased towards the extreme right wing.

Bias in and of itself is not a bad thing - it a good thing in a democracy. Different biases boiling in the labatory of ideas is what democracy is about.

350359[/snapback]

Fine, as long as we recognize that the "Gulag" statements came from a group whose members were doing everything they could to get John Kerry into office a few months back.

Fine, as long as we recognize that the "Gulag" statements came from a group whose members were doing everything they could to get John Kerry into office a few months back.

Fine, as long as we recognize that the people who spent money trying to get George Bush in office showed no significant differences in their willingness to spread as much shlt as your typical farmhand.

Sheep to the left of me

Sheep to the right.....

Fine, as long as we recognize that the people who spent money trying to get George Bush in office showed no significant differences in their willingness to spread as much shlt as your typical farmhand.

Sheep to the left of me

Sheep to the right.....

350406[/snapback]

be careful when you mention farm animals or you may bring the wrath of PETA and if you've seen the south park episode then you'll know that they love animals

really

really

love animals

be careful when you mention farm animals or you may bring the wrath of PETA and if you've seen the south park episode then you'll know that they love animals

really

really

love animals

I love animals too.

Except for JackRussells, they're tougher than a whalebone.

And bass after May, they get too grainy

And cats, they're just way too stringy.

Cya

Rummy seemed okay with their reports in 2003...

"Anyone who has read Amnesty International or any of the human rights

organizations about how Saddam treats his people, heck he used chemicals

on his own people as well as on his neighbors."

-- Rumsfeld in 2003

but now this organization lacks credibility?

-- Rumsfeld in 2003

350442[/snapback]

Its because people forgot about poland!

http://forgotpol.ytmnd.com/

I love animals too.

Except for JackRussells, they're tougher than a whalebone.

And bass after May, they get too grainy

And cats, they're just way too stringy.

Cya

350430[/snapback]

dude, don't forget about the Crab People

Crab People, Crab People, taste like crab, talk like people

-- Rumsfeld in 2003

350442[/snapback]

All part of the if this group agrees with us, they're credible and if they are against us, they're biased BS that you get.

Facts are not important when you have an agenda. Just make statements and hope nobody actually checks to see if they are true.

350277[/snapback]

I'm so glad you're perfect and never made a misstatement.

Tell me this Oh Great One, if AI is so flawed why does the US cite their findings when it suits us, like when we want to ding other countries for their human rights failings? Hmmmmm?

Ahhh the hypocrisy. This is the place to come for a big fat dose of it.

350277[/snapback]

Yup. That's what was so frustrating with the last pres election. The BS rhetoric that was being spewed and people were eating it up without bothering to get off their lazy butts to verify. My personal favorite was people I would talk with would say that Kerry voted against this defense bill and then throw out this bill# trying to back up their claim. It was fun asking them if they had actually *looked* at that vote breakdown to see that Republicans also voted against the bill. There were Kerry people who obviously did the same. It's one thing to have a position but at least try to back it up with some facts!

I guess that's why H.L. Menkin once said "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people."

Probably for the same reason you cite FoxSnooze when it suits you...   :lol:

351088[/snapback]

I cite Fox News? I guess if referring to Fox News as a big joke, I do cite it. (Which doesn't say much for the people who actually watch it.) But you WON'T see me citing Fox News as crap one minute, and then using it as a reliable source the next. It's just crap, period, always and forever.

But it's not quite the same ignoring human rights violations in one place because the source is "absurd" and in others claiming the source is spot on, when it's the same source.

Like saying "we would NEVER torture anyone" and then five minutes later saying "well war is hell, get over it." Stupid chickenshits, if they think that torture is the right thing to do they should have the COJONES to stand up for their beliefs.

I'm so glad you're perfect and never made a misstatement.

351059[/snapback]

Funny, you are pretty quick to get all over someone when they misspeak, but can't take the criticism when it happens to you.

Oh, the hypocrisy.

Funny, you are pretty quick to get all over someone when they misspeak, but can't take the criticism when it happens to you.

Oh, the hypocrisy.

351145[/snapback]

lolz I was thinking the same thing

I cite Fox News?  I guess if referring to Fox News as a big joke, I do cite it.  (Which doesn't say much for the people who actually watch it.)  But you WON'T see me citing Fox News as crap one minute, and then using it as a reliable source the next.  It's just crap, period, always and forever.

But it's not quite the same ignoring human rights violations in one place because the source is "absurd" and in others claiming the source is spot on, when it's the same source.

Like saying "we would NEVER torture anyone" and then five minutes later saying "well war is hell, get over it."  Stupid chickenshits, if they think that torture is the right thing to do they should have the COJONES to stand up for their beliefs.

351132[/snapback]

You'll cite whatever proves your point. Just like everyone else does. The difference between you and everyone else, though, is that you pretend you're above that.

You're not. You're a chickenshit just like the rest of them.

You'll cite whatever proves your point.  Just like everyone else does.  The difference between you and everyone else, though, is that you pretend you're above that.

You're not.  You're a chickenshit just like the rest of them.

351214[/snapback]

I cite me. Wanna fight?