1990 Week 5 LA Raiders at Buffalo Bills.

Toomstone.Part.Duex

3 hours ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

A little slow in the 1st half.  Tasker with a forced fumble and blocked punt.  Bills took over in the 2nd half.  Great game!  

this is the one where Odomes stole the ball from the WR and ran it back for a TD right?

edit - yes it was

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

I remember that game though I never saw more than the Berman highlights.  I was at a show at some club in either Hadley or North Hampton, MA.  Pretty sure it was Sacred Reich / Violence / Flotsam & Jetsam. Through the years, all the shows start to bleed together, but I digress...  Vio-lence was definitely on the bill.  I know this because they are a bay area band, and the guitar player Raiders jersey and a bunch of their crew were sporting their Raiders gear as well. 

Naturally, I was wearing a Bills hoodie and standing in the front row.  They must have come on around halftime because when they saw my sweatshirt, the guitar player and the singer gave me crap about the Raiders leading and how the Bills would get blown out in the second half.   After making a point of announcing the 3rd quarter Marcus Allen rushing TD, I was the recipient of more crap talking in between songs.  Somewhere near the end of their set, one of the crew must have given another update because the score updates and crap-talking stopped. 

The club we were at didn't have any TVs with the game on, so before they left the stage after the set ended I asked for the score.  Glares commenced from some of the crew, and a surly Phil Demmel informed me "the bad guys" made a comeback. 

Thanks for the flashback!

The only game I missed when I had season tickets from 86-93. My dad died the day after the Denver game the week before.  Gave the tickets away. Bills I think were on the road the next two weeks.

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.