Titans Up Offer For Henry

NFL.com is reporting that the Titans have upped their offer for Travis Henry but the Bills aren't biting yet. The Titans reportedly have offered a fourth round pick for Henry, previously they reportedly only offered a fifth round pick. The Bills originally wanted a 2nd round pick for Henry but would accept a third rounder according to speculation. They would not budge again and accept the Titans latest offer.

Getting closer?

Jeff

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the Bills hold all the cards in this case, I don't see any reason why we should accept anything less than that 3rd. Where are the Titans going to go for a RB of TH's caliber? We'll get our 3rd, though it probably won't happen until right before camp.

Since the Bills hold all the cards in this case, I don't see any reason why we should accept anything less than that 3rd.  Where are the Titans going to go for a RB of TH's caliber?  We'll get our 3rd, though it probably won't happen until right before camp.

349420[/snapback]

I disagree.

With Phili resigning Westbrook, they really don't need TH anymore. Tennessee is the only team on the TH market. I understand not taking a 5th, but if they're willing to budge; we should too.

I disagree.

With Phili resigning Westbrook, they really don't need TH anymore. Tennessee is the only team on the TH market. I understand not taking a 5th, but if they're willing to budge; we should too.

The Jags are involved as well. As much as they try to deny it, they're worried like hell about Taylor. It might not happen before the start of training camp on that front, but just wait. Like I said, there's no hurry to deal Travis since trading deadline is many months away, much less the draft.

NFL.com is reporting that the Titans have upped their offer for Travis Henry but the Bills aren't biting yet. The Titans reportedly have offered a fourth round pick for Henry, previously they reportedly only offered a fifth round pick. The Bills originally wanted a 2nd round pick for Henry but would accept a third rounder according to speculation. They would not budge again and accept the Titans latest offer.

Getting closer?

Jeff

349409[/snapback]

can this really be considered "upping the offer"? a 5th rounder on the field now has just as much value as waiting an entire year to pick a guy in the 4th round.......that year of production is worth the difference in pick position.......

can this really be considered "upping the offer"?  a 5th rounder on the field now has just as much value as waiting an entire year to pick a guy in the 4th round.......that year of production is worth the difference in pick position.......

349451[/snapback]

I think it is to be considered "upping the offer." A 4th in a good draft is a big step up from a 5th in a weak draft.

The proposed trade, if true, sounds fair to me.

I think it is to be considered "upping the offer." A 4th in a good draft is a big step up from a 5th in a weak draft.

349453[/snapback]

If they can up it to a 4th with incentives that could make it up to a 2nd based on performance, than you can't pass on that.

If they can up it to a 4th with incentives that could make it up to a 2nd based on performance, than you can't pass on that.

349463[/snapback]

Exactly, that is the middle ground. If Henry runs for 1500 yds (which won't happen) and 12 td's then maybe they give us a 2nd or more likely a third.

So take the 4th round pick and make it a higher pick if certain benchmarks are reached.

349463[/snapback]

Too many variables. You lose nothing waiting for the right situation to come along. Perhaps another team loses it's back and might be willing to deal a 2nd rounder. You never know what value another team might place on TH with their backs against the wall. Especially with other interested bidders out there. Bottom line, we're getting at least a 3rd, maybe more.

Getting closer?

Jeff

349409[/snapback]

Oh gee, a fourth round pick for Travis Henry! :lol: The Titans can go scratch themselves with these lowball offers. TD is probably offended by these jokers and Henry will eventually go to a team other than the Titans.

349453[/snapback]

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's thankfull your not the Bills GM.

:lol:

The Titans can go scratch TD is probably offended by these jokers and Henry will eventually go to a team other than the Titans.

349482[/snapback]

Really? Who?

Look, the market is clear on the going price for Henry - They best TD can do is get a fourth round pick with incentives that could push it to a second or third.

Dreaming, wishing, or hoping will not make the situation any better. Look at it this way, what would you trade for a back who is 15th -20th best in the league? (compound that with the fact that HEnry's intelligence is a huge factor that teams are considering). When looked at in this light a fourth round pick looks good.

I'd take the 4th and be done with it. It would clear almost $2 million from the cap and a big headache would be avoided. The Bills stocked up on RB's and Henry is no longer an asset for the Bills.

Dreaming, wishing, or hoping will not make the situation any better.

349487[/snapback]

No, but a few injured RB's in training camp definitely will, be it us or some other team...

I'd take the 4th and be done with it. It would clear almost $2 million from the cap and a big headache would be avoided. The Bills stocked up on RB's and Henry is no longer an asset for the Bills.

349488[/snapback]

I say that we drag him through camp and then wait for the RB's to fall. It's a gamble worth taking! My guess is that two or three teams will need him by then.

Jeff

Really? Who?

Look, the market is clear on the going price for Henry - They best TD can do is get a fourth round pick with incentives that could push it to a second or third.

Dreaming, wishing, or hoping will not make the situation any better. Look at it this way, what would you trade for a back who is 15th -20th best in the league? When looked at in this light a fourth round pick looks good.

349487[/snapback]

Teams are not desperate enough because we are still months away from the season. Add in the fact that another team will surely have a season ending injury to a starting tailback this preseason, it happens every year. We are still playing the waiting game and if the worst the Bills get is having Henry as our backup then I can think of much worse things to get upset over. Being offered fourth and fifth round draft picks is a joke for a talent like Henry.

Being offered fourth and fifth round draft picks is a joke for a talent like Henry.

349502[/snapback]

I simply disagree with your assessment of Henry's talent. To me he is a stupid one demensional runningback who can not mentally or physically grasp the complixities of modern offenses. Just my opinion - but it seems it is the opinion of the rest of the league as well.