Astro’s TC Report - Sunday 7/30

Jerry Jabber

18 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I hated to read the part where it says "Buffalo isn't noted for it's screen plays and still won't be" going 1-3 on them today. We only practiced 4 screen plays on the day? I hope this picks up more as TC continues because the screen game should be another advantage with our backs imo even with Hines out for the year. Great read otherwise though thanks for sharing this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Astrobot's depth chart.

It is in Google docs which means sometimes some will not be able to read it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XO2kWQtr9m01lGJJOirYmRdFeWUmPDL1LtiIUs67MuA/edit#gid=0

Hard to read sometimes because overloaded and it is still missing info.

Kyle Allen is the #2 and I would not count out Isabella so quickly. 

19 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

"Quarterbacks are practicing a one-step drop and a quick pass to the tight ends on deep slants. Very cool. 

Like every other practice we’ve been to, the emphasis is on RAC (run after the catch). I’m told that the Chiefs ran up 2,000 more yards for Mahomes mainly due to RAC. Our WRs would just catch it and prepare to get tackled. See Beasley.

At the risk of getting flamed, I think a big part of the reason we lack RAC is Josh is late to throw a lot and the defense has reacted and/or he get his receivers while they are flat footed. 

EDIT: Josh has gotten better at a lot of things as he has progressed through his career, but I think this is his biggest short coming these days. Based on his comments this offseason on "Needing to learn to win from the pocket", I think this is likely at the top of his list as well. 

Edited by Mango

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

At the risk of getting flamed, I think a big part of the reason we lack RAC is Josh is late to throw a lot and the defense has reacted and/or he get his receivers while they are flat footed. 

EDIT: Josh has gotten better at a lot of things as he has progressed through his career, but I think this is his biggest short coming these days. Based on his comments this offseason on "Needing to learn to win from the pocket", I think this is likely at the top of his list as well. 

Also reason for RAC is a lot of throws designed to go to sideline where recipient is travelling horizontally.  Play is designed that way to cut down chances of interceptions (most teams do not have a Micah Hyde) but it also cuts down opportunities of RAC.  

Look at all of the spectacular plays made in endzone or side of field where some thought he was throwing away but Allen is making a throw few QBs can make.  

Allen is a lot like me at work and Dawson Knox - he has trouble doing some easy stuff but he also does hard stuff very well.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.