Does Connecticut Pizza live up to the hype?

BillsPride12

On 7/3/2023 at 4:54 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

I haven't tried CT pizza yet, but did try Detroit style recently and thought it was quite good.

On 7/3/2023 at 10:02 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

We had it at Hustler’s Inn in Lewiston. The carmalized cheese on the outside of crust is what makes it so good.

Finally got a chance to try it tonight and thought it was excellent!  I like Chicago style(have had in Chicago a couple times) but thought this was much better.  Which was also the general consensus from people at the bar.  We just went with a basic cheese and pepperoni which was great but would love to try some of the more interesting toppings they had on the menu in the future 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Finally got a chance to try it tonight and thought it was excellent!  I like Chicago style(have had in Chicago a couple times) but thought this was much better.  Which was also the general consensus from people at the bar.  We just went with a basic cheese and pepperoni which was great but would love to try some of the more interesting toppings they had on the menu in the future 

Which "Chicago Style?"

Thin (cracker) crust or deep dish?  When it comes to deep dish. Lou Malnati's hands down blows all other deep dish away,  IMO.

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Which "Chicago Style?"

Thin (cracker) crust or deep dish?  When it comes to deep dish. Lou Malnati's hands down blows all other deep dish away,  IMO.

Deep Dish and I agree Lou Malnati's was the best.  I wasn't knocking it I really enjoyed Malnati's but was just surprised how much I liked this Detroit pizza last night.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Deep Dish and I agree Lou Malnati's was the best.  I wasn't knocking it I really enjoyed Malnati's but was just surprised how much I liked this Detroit pizza last night.

Yeah... Deep dish was never really anything to write home about... Except for Beggars and Edwardo's. (stuffed pizza)... I never tried Lou Malnati's until just recently... They seem to be expanding... AND I was like damn! In 30 years here, we never tried this! The crust is by far the best. I have a hard time telling which I like more, the inside crust or outside crust! [ @Gugny ] No joke, the two distinct crusts on the same pie are very defined,  not sure how they do it!

BUT... Here's a thing I kinda learned with Lou Malnati's... They claim: "Don't slice the pizza until you get home, it travels better."  I am actually going to try this with other types of pizza, not have it sliced and do it myself. Seems to hold true that pizza travels better unsliced.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Deep dish was never really anything to write home about... Except for Beggars and Edwardo's. (stuffed pizza)... I never tried Lou Malnati's until just recently... They seem to be expanding... AND I was like damn! In 30 years here, we never tried this! The crust is by far the best. I have a hard time telling which I like more, the inside crust or outside crust! [ @Gugny ] No joke, the two distinct crusts on the same pie are very defined,  not sure how they do it!

BUT... Here's a thing I kinda learned with Lou Malnati's... They claim: "Don't slice the pizza until you get home, it travels better."  I am actually going to try this with other types of pizza, not have it sliced and do it myself. Seems to hold true that pizza travels better unsliced.

I forgot where we had deep dish in Chicago a couple years ago, but it was fantastic!  I’ll figure it out and edit. 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Another tip when ordering a Deep Dish from Malnati's....always go with the Butter Crust!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.