Vanity Fair story identifying 'Deep Throat' as

Being reported on ABC. Haven't seen it on any internet sites yet, but they showed a picture of an advance copy of the magazine layout. I'll wait until it's confirmed by Woodward.

He was the No. 2 guy at the FBI at the time. Chose to remain unidentified b/c he thought being a leak was dishonorable. Now, at 91, after telling his family in '03, they've told him it was not and they're proud of him. Yaknow, Mr. Felt, it was the Truth, inscrutable and immutable.

Edited by UConn James

Wasn't Deep Throat "outed" a couple of times already? It seems like a yearly occurance.

I agree with you. I will wait until I hear confirmation.

348125[/snapback]

And Woodword said he wouldn't name DeepThroat until DT passed away.

As for the yearly occurence, there a group of journalism students here at the University of Illinois who have been busy doing research in trying to figure out DT.

And Woodword said he wouldn't name DeepThroat until DT passed away. 

As for the yearly occurence, there a group of journalism students here at the University of Illinois who have been busy doing research in trying to figure out DT.

348128[/snapback]

Or until DT identified himself, I thought. Which he now seems to have done through his personal attorney. There's the possibility of senility or whatever, but I doubt it. The lawyer says there are enough links and paper evidence out there to prove it.

On edit: Woodward is telling ABC he will not identify DT until his death. I guess he doesn't want to let go his claim to fame.

Its ALL George W Bush's fault!!!  :D  :lol:  :P

348799[/snapback]

You laugh, but it is not out of the realm of possibility for the MoveOn.org whackos to attempt to pin this on Bush.

It is funny watching the coverage. It seems the media is so overwhelmed with trying to tell a story and wanting to boil things down to their simplistic views where one side is good (us) and the other side is evil (not us) tget seem ti having some trouble with this one.

Felt betrayed his employers, clearly broke the code of government secrecy and most likely violated the law with his Deep Throat activities. Yet, the opposing force in this drama was Dick Nixon and the media has trouble portraying the truth of Felt's actions if this forces them in their little play to try protray Nixon as good or one of "us".

Clearly the most accurate portrayal of Deep Throat is a nuanced one. It recognizes that he did some things which were dishonest violations of his own promises, his employment and his friendships AND also recognizes that the results which his help of W&B along with McCord's letter promising the judge he would give up info in exchange for leniency and Nixon not only being so self-centered he made tapes of everything and then didn't burn them all brought the house of cards thankfully tumble.

Being reported on ABC. Haven't seen it on any internet sites yet, but they showed a picture of an advance copy of the magazine layout. I'll wait until it's confirmed by Woodward.

He was the No. 2 guy at the FBI at the time. Chose to remain unidentified b/c he thought being a leak was dishonorable. Now, at 91, after telling his family in '03, they've told him it was not and they're proud of him. Yaknow, Mr. Felt, it was the Truth, inscrutable and immutable.

348119[/snapback]

At least he's not claimimg to be Billy the Kid.