National Anthem

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I've worked for the federal government, so I have some insight here. That's why Hanlon's Razor is my default explanation: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

No, but you're a security guard and it's been pounded into you that there are "no organized demonstrations or performances without express permission of the Office of the Speaker" and that the constitution requires you to enforce that in a content-neutral manner, and you literally did not get (or did not read) the memo about this particular one. Things like this happen all the time. All. The. Time.

Well thank the good Lord that cop was able to protect the sanctity of those hallowed halls by shutting down kids singing patriotic anthems, imagine the consequences that could have happened if they were allowed to continue.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I've worked for the federal government, so I have some insight here. That's why Hanlon's Razor is my default explanation: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

No, but you're a security guard and it's been pounded into you that there are "no organized demonstrations or performances without express permission of the Office of the Speaker" and that the constitution requires you to enforce that in a content-neutral manner, and you literally did not get (or did not read) the memo about this particular one. Things like this happen all the time. All. The. Time.

We're in pretty solid times when people have to reach this hard to find something to be outraged about. 

• Agree 1