Josh Allen Achieves Childhood Dream - (Josh Allen to be Madden 2024 Cover Reported on Twitter)

Chaos

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Those are fair points 

But I think it’s also fair to say that Josh Allens Development was rapid while Pat came into a great spot and more developed already 

Josh’s first three years were hectic… Pat got groomed in a great spot and went into a better situation 6 years ago 

Pat is 100% more consistent but that comes with repetition … it really does 

Who really was better at their peak? Manning or Brady ? I think Manning was the scarier player

But you’ll never be wrong saying Tom Brady who is considered the goat

I think the difference between Josh and Pat is very very small… Because you’re talking about the two best quarterbacks in the world… it’s the consistency that sets pat ahead rn 

But the game will slow down for Josh even more and he will get very consistent… And then Joshs ability as the best athlete on the football field might take him to a different level

I agree with all of that I just think Mahomes is just a more naturally loose, fluid athlete.    He's Mookie Betts.....a great player who can basically do anything that is asked of a player...........and Josh is Aaron Judge.    But there just aren't any fences in the NFL to drive up Josh's value over that of Mahomes..........so Josh being bigger and stronger only matters if they are taking the same amount of punishment or HAVE to run as much.    In 2020 when some scouts were projecting that Allen was going to become BETTER than Mahomes the Bills and Chiefs had more similar personnel quality at OL and receiving targets.

The Chiefs realized that Mahomes was getting hit too much but wanted him to be able to continue to extend plays.........so they've gone HEAVY wrt stocking the OL for him so he can be the best he can be but take a fraction of the punishment that he would if he were extending plays with a middling OL.    On paper,  the Bills haven't tried the same with Josh.   They haven't had the quality or depth of weapons or the quality of OL........along with the coaching advantage..........and I think that has stalled his development the past 2 years more than anything.    

• Agree 1

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree with all of that I just think Mahomes is just a more naturally loose, fluid athlete.    He's Mookie Betts.....a great player who can basically do anything that is asked of a player...........and Josh is Aaron Judge.    But there just aren't any fences in the NFL to drive up Josh's value over that of Mahomes..........so Josh being bigger and stronger only matters if they are taking the same amount of punishment or HAVE to run as much.    In 2020 when some scouts were projecting that Allen was going to become BETTER than Mahomes the Bills and Chiefs had more similar personnel quality at OL and receiving targets.

The Chiefs realized that Mahomes was getting hit too much but wanted him to be able to continue to extend plays.........so they've gone HEAVY wrt stocking the OL for him so he can be the best he can be but take a fraction of the punishment that he would if he were extending plays with a middling OL.    On paper,  the Bills haven't tried the same with Josh.   They haven't had the quality or depth of weapons or the quality of OL........along with the coaching advantage..........and I think that has stalled his development the past 2 years more than anything.    

The Chiefs protecting Mahomes was the biggest asset

Bills trotting out raw rookies at right tackle like Spencer Brown or sieves at guard has absolutely hurt Josh

And I like your baseball comparison… Josh to me is more Shohei, pure power with speed and yea Pat is Mookey or ken Griffey jr like … silk

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen Talks Being On Cover Of Madden NFL 24: "It's A Blessing"

Crib notes:

• He got the call on it from his agent in March
  • It was a surprise to Bills fans brought in for photoshoot
  • He was under contract to not tell although he did tell a "few players"

He mentioned a LA Bills Backers group but he sort of backed out of using team pushed Bills Mafia.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.