ESPN Insider Article - Rookies to Watch

WR Roscoe Parrish: Buffalo Bills

Most pundits predicted the Bills would try to fill a need along the offensive line, or add to their defensive line depth, with their first overall pick in April's draft, No. 55 overall. But the Bills' brain trust decided the biggest thing lacking was speed, particularly in the passing game, and jumped at the chance to select Parrish, a 5-9, 168-pounder who possesses blazing speed, game-changing playmaking ability and surprising toughness. He's expected to challenge for the No. 3 WR job, where he could be a nightmare for nickel corners to cover out of the slot. He also could quickly turn into one of the league's most dangerous punt returners.

WR Roscoe Parrish: Buffalo Bills

Most pundits predicted the Bills would try to fill a need along the offensive line, or add to their defensive line depth, with their first overall pick in April's draft, No. 55 overall. But the Bills' brain trust decided the biggest thing lacking was speed, particularly in the passing game, and jumped at the chance to select Parrish, a 5-9, 168-pounder who possesses blazing speed, game-changing playmaking ability and surprising toughness. He's expected to challenge for the No. 3 WR job, where he could be a nightmare for nickel corners to cover out of the slot. He also could quickly turn into one of the league's most dangerous punt returners.

346632[/snapback]

Sounds good!

Jeff

168 pounds.....jesus....

That is only 20 something pounds more then my THIRTEEN year old son....

God I hope this guy is elusive....

346654[/snapback]

Only 44 lbs heavier than that catfish.

I've had time to think about this confusing pick so I've come to the conclusion that the staff at OBD have zero confidence in Reed, Aiken and whoever else they got back there.

I'd hate to think what team we would've had last year w/o Evans.

*shudders*

I guess the insider didn't read TBD in the days following the draft, huh?

346650[/snapback]

Insider knows all. I stand corrected. I'm just hoping he can become ESPN's NFL representative in their "Who's Next" issue this year just like Josh Reed was two years ago.

:lol:

Insider knows all.  I stand corrected.  I'm just hoping he can become ESPN's NFL representative in their "Who's Next" issue this year just like Josh Reed was two years ago. 

:lol:

346823[/snapback]

The point really is: Who knows? We sure don't. Personally, I hope you're dead wrong. :P

Had a similiar conversation with a crackwagon fan yesterday who was waxing ad nauseum about some publication rating the Cowboys as having the best draft. I told him to talk to me about it in three years when the real results are actually known. Of course, he didn't actually know Vinny wasn't going to be the starter, either.

168 pounds.....jesus....

That is only 20 something pounds more then my THIRTEEN year old son....

God I hope this guy is elusive....

346654[/snapback]

I posted this a while back. Parrish reminds me of Gary Clark of the Redskins, who was about the same size/speed combination and scored a TD in SB XXXI against the Bills:

http://www.redskins.com/team/bios/clark_gary.htm

I just hope that "blazing speed" means he won't get caught by a 250lb Linebacker esp at 168!!

Still think he's better than Josh Reed and I haven't even seen him play yet!

346688[/snapback]

The grass is always greener...

I've had time to think about this confusing pick so I've come to the conclusion that the staff at OBD have zero confidence in Reed, Aiken and whoever else they got back there. 

346773[/snapback]

To clear up the confusion:

Parrish = much better upside than any of the lineman available at #55.

The point really is:  Who knows?  We sure don't.  Personally, I hope you're dead wrong.  :)

Had a similiar conversation with a crackwagon fan yesterday who was waxing ad nauseum about some publication rating the Cowboys as having the best draft.  I told him to talk to me about it in three years when the real results are actually known.  Of course, he didn't actually know Vinny wasn't going to be the starter, either.

346826[/snapback]

Hey, Kiper, the hair of ESPN, was the only one who liked the Parrish pick at the time, calling it a steal. Why should he retract now?