Forum help please

Scott7975

18 minutes ago, SDS said:

are you saying it still happens today? You go to a new page and it scrolls to the bottom?

I am just sayings it's been happening on and off over the years for me, so it's hard to diagnose and replicate the issue. It didn't happen just now, but that's not unusual. I will take your word that it is fixed, but if it does happen again, I just scroll up. Its not a big deal. I am happy! 

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

Are you guys using firefox?

IMG_0860.jpeg

IMG_0861.jpeg

No I haven't used it. Its happened to me in Edge and Chrome and maybe iOS and Android. It's hard to replicate consistently.

Edited by chongli

5 minutes ago, chongli said:

I am just sayings it's been happening on and off over the years for me, so it's hard to diagnose and replicate the issue. It didn't happen just now, but that's not unusual. I will take your word that it is fixed, but if it does happen again, I just scroll up. Its not a big deal. I am happy! 

No I haven't used it. Its happened to me in Edge and Chrome and maybe iOS and Android. It's hard to replicate consistently.

I have no idea if it is fixed. I was just reporting one person’s checks for firefox.

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Maybe try clearing the cache on that browser?  Maybe some setting that auto scrolls to  bottom of pages once loaded.   Google the browsers settings to see if there are such in that program.  Otherwise  yea be scrolling scrolling, scrolling RAWHIDE....  

Nah, that wasn't it. I had a practically brand new system at the time of my original post. It's possible what SDS said above fixed it.  I think Edge had an update recently as well so maybe that fixed it. I am unsure.  What I do know is I am happy as hell that it's fixed 😃

35 minutes ago, SDS said:

are you saying it still happens today? You go to a new page and it scrolls to the bottom?

It doesn't happen to me anymore. I've actually gone into older threads that I haven't read all the way through quite a few times today just to test it.

• 3 weeks later...

Old thread, I know, but I just wanted to report it happened just now, on a desktop using Edge and Windows 7. When I clicked "2" at the bottom of page one, it took me to the bottom of the next page on this thread:

This problem is unfixable, but occurs only fleetingly, so it is not a big deal. It is an issue that must be tolerated.

Edited by chongli

On 4/28/2023 at 10:02 AM, damj said:

Reboot the computer. If that doesn't work, you have to throw away your computer and buy a new one

This is false. Reboot, restart, wipe the hard drive, restart again and in 45 minutes then you either throw it out or send it in for repair depending on your warranty coverage. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.