Happy redistribution day!

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

No, you should take my words by the actual words I used instead of making up new things I never said. 

When this country was founded, only landed males could vote. It took many years and a lot of effort to expand the franchise first to all men, and later to women and minorities. 

LOL. Some of us have lives and don’t spend every minute refreshing a message board. 

Sorry if that’s inconvenient for you 

Well you still did't answer the question posed to you about landed males . Are you talking about those that are citizens or does landed mean any male, female black or white that is standing on the land that is the US that should be able to vote with out citizenship ?? 

As far as the inconvenience there wasn't any i have found in the past you are usually very quick at the come back especially if someone disagrees with you .

I usually only spend time here in the morning but today is my day off so yes i am here more at this time .

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, T master said:

Well you still did't answer the question posed to you about landed males . Are you talking about those that are citizens or does landed mean any male, female black or white that is standing on the land that is the US that should be able to vote with out citizenship ?? 

At the time of the founding of the United States, voting was restricted to white men who owned land. 

While the Constitution mentions citizens, I don't think it actually defined citizen until the 14th amendment. It was left up to the states to determine who qualified as a citizen, which was incorporated to the other states through Article IV Section 2.