On 3/4/2023 at 7:04 AM, frostbitmic said:

LT - Dawkins

LG - Bates

C - Morse

RG - Avila

RT - Brown

Moving Bates to LG improves that position over Saffold

Drafting Avila improves the RG spot over Bates

I'm hoping Brown being healthy, will show improvement, but he'll get legitimate competition for his job this year from another high draft choice.

I like this lineup because it gives you two move guards, which is what I would like to see this line do more of it to the second level and get a hat on somebody

Would also like to see competition brought in for Spencer Brown, and him being told that his job is not safe best player when’s the position?

On 3/4/2023 at 7:54 AM, Chaos said:

LT - Dion Dawkins
LG - Joe Tippman (second round pick Wisconsin)

C - Ethan Pocic  Free agent signing (Morse cut - close to a Salary cap wash)

RG - Andrew Vorhees (Fourth RD Draft Pick) 

RT - Peter Skoronski (First RD pick, trade up)

image.thumb.png.61d29d5b1c708320be3705b278ff9c73.png

Not gonna thumbs down this I’m just gonna say the replacing the almost entire offense of line is gonna end up hurting the team more than it’s gonna help it

We need to replace a couple players, and we need to create competition another spots

• Agree 1

Is this what I think will happen, or what I would do?

My ideal:

Trade Ed Oliver to Atlanta Falcons for Jake Matthews. He has a cap hit of $12.5m base salary plus $3.5m roster bonus - so $16m this year - but he has zero guaranteed money beyond 2023 so the Bills would have leverage to re-negotiate that deal, lower the hit this year in turn for some guarantees down the line. 

Sign Isaac Semuelo as a FA for $10-12m AAV, cap hit year 1 of about $6m. 

Draft Matthew Bergeron in round 2 out of Syracuse.

My starting line in 2023:

LT: Jake Matthews

LG: Dion Dawkins

😄 Mitch Morse   

RG: Isaac Semuelo

RT: Spencer Brown / Matthew Bergeron

If Spencer Brown wins that competition then Bergeron spends 2023 as your first guy off the bench at LT, RT, LG and RG. Then I move on from Dion Dawkins after 2023 and turn Bergeron into our LG of the future. If Bergeron wins the RT job then Spencer is my swing tackle this year and next year before I likely let him walk as a FA. 

I think with those 3 moves you take your oline from bottom 3rd of the league to top 5. I think it would make everything else look better on offense. Yes you'd have a big gap at 3 Tech, because Ed Oliver is better than a lot of Bills fans think... and Phillips who was disappointing anyway in 2022 is a FA but there are some options there in the draft, and they could even use Boogie inside some. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I like this lineup because it gives you two move guards, which is what I would like to see this line do more of it to the second level and get a hat on somebody

Would also like to see competition brought in for Spencer Brown, and him being told that his job is not safe best player when’s the position?

Not gonna thumbs down this I’m just gonna say the replacing the almost entire offense of line is gonna end up hurting the team more than it’s gonna help it

We need to replace a couple players, and we need to create competition another spots

Hopefully in the same way it hurt the Chiefs in 2022

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Is this what I think will happen, or what I would do?

My ideal:

Trade Ed Oliver to Atlanta Falcons for Jake Matthews. He has a cap hit of $12.5m base salary plus $3.5m roster bonus - so $16m this year - but he has zero guaranteed money beyond 2023 so the Bills would have leverage to re-negotiate that deal, lower the hit this year in turn for some guarantees down the line. 

Sign Isaac Semuelo as a FA for $10-12m AAV, cap hit year 1 of about $6m. 

Draft Matthew Bergeron in round 2 out of Syracuse.

My starting line in 2023:

LT: Jake Matthews

LG: Dion Dawkins

😄 Mitch Morse   

RG: Isaac Semuelo

RT: Spencer Brown / Matthew Bergeron

If Spencer Brown wins that competition then Bergeron spends 2023 as your first guy off the bench at LT, RT, LG and RG. Then I move on from Dion Dawkins after 2023 and turn Bergeron into our LG of the future. If Bergeron wins the RT job then Spencer is my swing tackle this year and next year before I likely let him walk as a FA. 

I think with those 3 moves you take your oline from bottom 3rd of the league to top 5. I think it would make everything else look better on offense. Yes you'd have a big gap at 3 Tech, because Ed Oliver is better than a lot of Bills fans think... and Phillips who was disappointing anyway in 2022 is a FA but there are some options there in the draft, and they could even use Boogie inside some. 

So we’re going to move Dion Dawkins to a position that he’s never played?

I like most of these moves. I don’t know about the move of Dockins to guard

57 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So we’re going to move Dion Dawkins to a position that he’s never played?

I like most of these moves. I don’t know about the move of Dockins to guard

Yes. He has barely played there. He did it in relief duty for Richie as a rookie once. But I'm convinced he'd be good there and as he gets older and struggles a bit to stay at his best weight it is the obvious move for him. 

• Agree 1

On 3/4/2023 at 9:45 AM, BarleyNY said:

I think that using 2 TE sets would be great, especially if we aren’t in a spot to draft a quality slot WR prospect. Regardless I hope we get more talent at the position and Dorsey embraces true 2 TE sets. It could really help the run game too. 

Anyone have a good link that goes in on a bit of deep dive on 2 te sets? i found some all22 clips of gronk/ah, but would like a breadkdown of sorts

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.