TE? Darnell Washington

billvernsays

I'd be against a TE in 1st round for two reasons

First they have Knox as TE1.  Playing 2 TE's makes more sense when you have a noodle armed QB who can't easily beat the defense when throwing 15 to 20 yard passes.  Allen can do that so overall think the team is better when playing with 3 WR's.  You want a 2nd TE for blocking purposes who is still a threat to catch a pass, that's fine, but don't need to use a 1st round draft pick for that.

Second reason is IMO of all the positions on the football field TE is the toughest to predict who will actually become a good or great player.  There were believe 5 TE's all drafted before Dawson Knox, not one of them is still with the team that drafted him, one is in the Arena League.  Kelce was drafted in 3rd round, Kittle 5th round, Gronk 2nd round.  Seems like using a 1st round pick on a TE is a huge risk.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

A part of me is really hoping somehow Bean figures a way to draft Washington. We need a big physical mismatch type player on offense. He’d also be a great help in run blocking too.

Every part of me is hoping for a trade back and to draft Darnell Washington 

Edited by billvernsays
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.