O-Line - Which player gives up first sack.

San-O

I think teams will come at him again very hard as he can't seem to handle speed

to the outside. He will be going up against Paul Spicer who looks to be about

100 lbs lighter than MW.

:)

# 95 Paul Spicer

Position: DE

Height: 6-4

Weight: 287

Born: 08/18/1975

College: Saginaw Valley State

NFL Experience: 5

DT Marcus Stroud blows past Friggggin Trey Teague

25742[/snapback]

We have MW and TT quickly out of the box.

# 99 Marcus Stroud

Position: DT

Height: 6-6

Weight: 312

Born: 06/25/1978

College: Georgia

NFL Experience: 4

The pressure is going to be coming up the middle the entire day...which is terrible because thats just how to get a sack on Bledsoe.  Or...you know...pressure from the sides.  Or just moving forward a bit.  Or just breathing on him, that'll usually knock him down.  :)

25776[/snapback]

Bubba Ho-Tep's gonna get him!

I think teams will come at him again very hard as he can't seem to handle speed

to the outside.  He will be going up against Paul Spicer who looks to be about

100 lbs lighter than MW. 

:)

# 95 Paul Spicer 

Position: DE

Height: 6-4

Weight: 287

Born: 08/18/1975

College: Saginaw Valley State

NFL Experience: 5

25727[/snapback]

Before you go too far in assigning blame when the likely sack happens (though all Bills fans hope it doesn't), remember to take into account that for the most part it is the OL that gives up a sack and not a single player.

If it is a speed rush to the outside and a tackle gets beat one on one, then I think it is quite legit to blame that one tackle. However, on stunts, inside rushes, and on plays where a blocker gets two assignments (as happens sometime because they are asked to chip block a first rusher but give fuller attention to a perceived delayed rush, the fault is shared.

I hope this year sees some thoughtful analysis that reflects the reality of protecting the QB rather than simple analysis which does not get at the true problem.

The pressure is going to be coming up the middle the entire day...which is terrible because thats just how to get a sack on Bledsoe.  Or...you know...pressure from the sides.  Or just moving forward a bit.  Or just breathing on him, that'll usually knock him down.  :)

25776[/snapback]

:D

If there is no real resistance, is there actually pressure?

Before you go too far in assigning blame when the likely sack happens (though all Bills fans hope it doesn't), remember to take into account that for the most part it is the OL that gives up a sack and not a single player.

If it is a speed rush to the outside and a tackle gets beat one on one, then I think it is quite legit to blame that one tackle.  However, on stunts, inside rushes, and on plays where a blocker gets two assignments  (as happens sometime because they are asked to chip block a first rusher but give fuller attention to a perceived delayed rush, the fault is shared.

I hope this year sees some thoughtful analysis that reflects the reality of protecting the QB rather than simple analysis which does not get at the true problem.

25790[/snapback]

You make a good point, however what is the true problem?

If the O-line can give up fewer than 40 total sacks this year, we can offer thoughtful analysis. If they give up 40 or more, then I would say they simply

can't block.

You make a good point, however what is the true problem? 

If the O-line can give up fewer than 40 total sacks this year, we can offer thoughtful analysis.  If they give up 40 or more, then I would say they simply

can't block.

25819[/snapback]

or the QB is part of the problem

Never...NEVER...!@#$ with The King!

25801[/snapback]

lol.....was that not the best movie? I can't wait for Bubba Nosferatu, man.......