I've come to accept our offensive scheme relies on Allen too much

Big Turk

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Funny...many said the same thing about Andy Reid for years.

Andy Reid is a head coach #1. I never said we should fire McD. Incidentally,  Reid wasn't fired after a playoff loss, he was fired after 2 losing seasons (still a mistake in my opinion).

#2, Reid consistently got good production out of lesser talent at the skill positions. He has shown creativity, adaptation, and an ability to use his players talents. He's done so for 20 years.

You're going to compare him to Dorsey who seemed to regress as the season went on?

When the offense is struggling he just relies on Josh as a cheat code to get something going. I'd say we should be patient with him if he showed growth. But i didn't see anything to suggest he'll figure things out in his second year. I hope I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

Andy Reid is a head coach #1. I never said we should fire McD. Incidentally,  Reid wasn't fired after a playoff loss, he was fired after 2 losing seasons (still a mistake in my opinion).

#2, Reid consistently got good production out of lesser talent at the skill positions. He has shown creativity, adaptation, and an ability to use his players talents. He's done so for 20 years.

You're going to compare him to Dorsey who seemed to regress as the season went on?

When the offense is struggling he just relies on Josh as a cheat code to get something going. I'd say we should be patient with him if he showed growth. But i didn't see anything to suggest he'll figure things out in his second year. I hope I'm wrong.

No...what I am saying is it took 12 years for Reid to have an offense as good as the one Dorsey ran this year.

14 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

You are right. He was even FASTER today at 2.5 flat. There are some really bad posters on this forum unfortunately. Josh at 3.2 and consistently among the longest holding onto the ball every season. No structure, just doing what he wants.

You can quibble all you want over a half second.  But you need good players to execute the "structured" offense you crave.  Outside of Diggs and the possible exception of Knox the Bills skill players are below average.  And their O line is a mess.  One of the reasons it takes Allen longer to get a pass off is he is flushed out of the pocket a lot more then other QB's. It doesn't take many times where Allen is running for his life for 7 to 8 seconds behind the line of scrimmage to bias release time stats when the differences are in the half second range.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.