Ricky Williams return Q&A

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...john&id=2066686

Let's say he returns to Miami and serves his 4 game suspention, IMO there's no way in hell that he doesn't test positive during the suspention and blow the 2005 season too. In the article it says that he can be tested as much as 10 times a month. Boy would that not be fun to see?

Jeff

If he does return and servers his 4 game suspension that would make his first game back against us at home.

343159[/snapback]

I believe that the dolphins have a bye in week 4, playing us in week 5 and the bucs in week 6. That would make the bills game as game 4 of his suspension, meaning his first game back would be against the bucs.

what do the dolphins do with their #1 draft pick if he comes back?

343118[/snapback]

Same thing you did with McGahee, let him learn a season, and then start him in the next year. If Williams shows potential, that's trade bait, and thebest possibility for his future. I still have a feeling he's only in for one or two years.

ricky could end up getting dealt before travis is.........i think a lot of NFL GM's would rather roll the dice on him for a couple years then bring in travis for only one......no comparison with their abilities..........

If ricky is really serious about coming back, i would bet we can count on a holdout from ronnie brown...no non-QB number 2 pick in the draft wants to go and hold a clipboard for a season, especially when you were annointed the starter on draft day...

Quite frankly I dont believe he's coming back until I see him working out with the team or hear it from his lips. I think this whole thing is a ploy. I dont buy it for a second. The guys a cancer and it would be hard for me to welcome him back in the locker room.

So I had the late news on while I was on the phone last night. I saw Wicky practicing with the team, but the volume was muted.

Would that have been an older pic? Or was he actually working out with them yesterday?

Is he gay?

The talk I hear is of Brown as the #1 right now with Wicky pegged as the #2. This makes semi-sense for developing Brown (it assumes that he will hit the ground at a level of Tomlinson immdiate readiness to step in which is possible, but a lot and if he is a normal first year player the Fins would be asking too much of him iniitally).

It is essential that the Fins have Wicky as a $2 at most IF he comes back because he will not be available at all the first 4 games and even when he comes back it will a situation where he has not played in over a year and he would have worked out enough to put on 20+ lbs in several months. This can be done, but to do so means drastic commitment to working out that the drug-using Wickey has not shown he is willing to do and he runs the same risk that MW experienced last year that he worked so hard to get back into shape after his meltdown last pre-season he initially suffered injury from the workout.

In essence, even if things are getting better with the Fins dealings with Wickey, being better than retiring and leaving them in total disarray is not saying very much. I suspect Wickey will come back because he has $8 million reasons to do sp, but his heart will not be in it.

It is similar to the situation the Bills are in with Henry. The Bills are maintaining a position where they say Henry would be welcomed back as the #2 for WM.

The difference is that TH has mismanaged the money he made to date, and does not have the $8 million bonus of Wickey's second contract or the initial bonus of Wickey's initial contract in his pocket. If Wickey plays it hard and fast and merely shows up but does not play as well as he can, Miami still will have a huge uphill battle to get any money back. Possession is 9/10s of the law and Wickey has the money.

If TH plays it hard and fast and shows up but does not play as well as he can, he basically destroys his ability to sign a big contract even if he is an FA (two consecutive non-productive years, getting a rep for not watching his teammates backs among players, setting up the Bills braintrust to badmouth him about injury if they choose). Even worse, he not only does not have the money in pocket (if he only shows up for and is paid for 6 or so games) but he runs the risk of the Bills lawyers pushing to keep him the Bills property by fighting against him getting enough qualifying time and he is completely hosed.

It probably will not come to that as it looks like injury will force the Titans to give TD close to what he wants and Philly is another possibility and this is even before the injuries of pre-season begin. However, TH would likely have little choice but to play, play hard, and take advantage of any injury that hit WM if it came to that.