Not So Long Ago & Not So Far Away in America !

T master

23 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Biden tried stealing an election? 

Nope  

What the hell does that have to do with that we've been talking about ? FOCUS num nuts we're talking about documents that presidents have taken with them after they leave office .

Trump did it and there was a FBI raid at his house where the secret service guards him & all the content within that house including the "TOP SECRET DOCUMENTS" .

Biden has documents taken 6 yrs ago while a VP and has them stored in 3 different places why didn't they raid his other offices & such why was there no subpoena for the other documents WHY IS THERE A DOUBLE STANDARD WHEN IT COMES TO THE SAME ACTON FOR 2 DIFFERENT PRESIDENTS ?????

CAN YOU SAY POLITICAL HYPOCRISY TO FOLLOW A BS NARRATIVE ! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, T master said:

What the hell does that have to do with that we've been talking about ? FOCUS num nuts we're talking about documents that presidents have taken with them after they leave office .

Trump did it and there was a FBI raid at his house where the secret service guards him & all the content within that house including the "TOP SECRET DOCUMENTS" .

Biden has documents taken 6 yrs ago while a VP and has them stored in 3 different places why didn't they raid his other offices & such why was there no subpoena for the other documents WHY IS THERE A DOUBLE STANDARD WHEN IT COMES TO THE SAME ACTON FOR 2 DIFFERENT PRESIDENTS ?????

CAN YOU SAY POLITICAL HYPOCRISY TO FOLLOW A BS NARRATIVE ! 

No, it's just different, like all the other things they make hypocrites of themselves over.  It's just comedy at this point.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

Hey, my nuts are not num! Why are you talking about my nuts??? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Over the last few months I have heard every possible talking head give every possible narrative on this issue. There must be a correct answer. On one extreme I’ve heard some say that you cannot take ANY papers out of your office that you didn’t bring in with you when you were elected. On the other extreme others are of course talking about Classified papers and who can take them. Both cannot be true! 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Over the last few months I have heard every possible talking head give every possible narrative on this issue. There must be a correct answer. On one extreme I’ve heard some say that you cannot take ANY papers out of your office that you didn’t bring in with you when you were elected. On the other extreme others are of course talking about Classified papers and who can take them. Both cannot be true! 

All I know is those going after Trump have screwed Biden.  Biden wasn't the President at the time so there is no debate about whether he could declassify them.  And he clearly knew the documents were in his garage and he never returned them, so "cooperation" goes bye bye as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

All I know is those going after Trump have screwed Biden.  Biden wasn't the President at the time so there is no debate about whether he could declassify them.  And he clearly knew the documents were in his garage and he never returned them, so "cooperation" goes bye bye as well. 

Obviously…but my question still remains. There must be a correct answer. And if the answer is that you cannot take ANYTHING with you then the National Archives (yet another pathetic department) needs to have people on hand when these offices are vacated to avoid this nonsense. The older I get, the more I’ve learned that this government of ours cannot do anything right. 

• Like (+1) 1

Obviously…but my question still remains. There must be a correct answer. And if the answer is that you cannot take ANYTHING with you then the National Archives (yet another pathetic department) needs to have people on hand when these offices are vacated to avoid this nonsense. The older I get, the more I’ve learned that this government of ours cannot do anything right. 

You can take documents with you.  The President can declassify anything he wants.  The issue as I see it is timing and not specifying which documents he was declassifying.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

You can take documents with you.  The President can declassify anything he wants.  The issue as I see it is timing and not specifying which documents he was declassifying.

If so then why did I just see an interview with the Bush Era government lawyer that gives the Day One briefing to all these newly elected officials that they cannot take anything with them? Somebody needs to clear this up. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If so then why did I just see an interview with the Bush Era government lawyer that gives the Day One briefing to all these newly elected officials that they cannot take anything with them? Somebody needs to clear this up. 

Because they're not the President.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Because they're not the President.

The interview I saw included the President. There’s something wrong here. I don’t think anyone in that town has a freaking clue what they’re doing! 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

The interview I saw included the President. There’s something wrong here. I don’t think anyone in that town has a freaking clue what they’re doing! 

So then all the talk we've heard about the President being able to declassify documents is BS?  I can't believe that's true.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

So then all the talk we've heard about the President being able to declassify documents is BS?  I can't believe that's true.

No, that’s a different topic. That refers to who’s allowed to see documents. If the President declassifies a document then he can show it to different people (like his lawyers, or others) while he’s still in office. It doesn’t mean he can take it home with him when leaves office. Again, I’m just paraphrasing what I heard/watched this gentleman say. 

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No, that’s a different topic. That refers to who’s allowed to see documents. If the President declassifies a document then he can show it to different people (like his lawyers, or others) while he’s still in office. It doesn’t mean he can take it home with him when leaves office. Again, I’m just paraphrasing what I heard/watched this gentleman say. 

I see.  Yet they all take documents with them.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I see.  Yet they all take documents with them.

Exactly! Which is why I’m saying if that is indeed the policy then why aren’t the people from the ridiculous National Archives there on your last day looking through your boxes? All of this would be easily avoided if these nonsensical departments had any protocols in place. This entire mess is 100% the fault of that  single department. Where’s the congressional investigation into them? 

Edited by SoCal Deek

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Exactly! Which is why I’m saying if that is indeed the policy then why aren’t the people from the ridiculous National Archives there on your last day looking through your boxes? All of this would be easily avoided if these nonsensical departments had any protocols in place. This entire mess is 100% the fault of that  single department. Where’s the congressional investigation into them? 

Add it to the list of investigations the House will be doing...