Final 2023 first-round NFL Draft order after Super Bowl

chongli

The draft order for the 2023 first round has been finalized after tonight's Super Bowl, subject to any future trades. [Note: New Orleans has gotten the 30th pick now since they acquired it from Denver for Sean Payton.]

Edited by chongli

10 minutes ago, chongli said:

The draft order for the 2023 first round has been finalized after tonight's Super Bowl, subject to any future trades. [Note: New Orleans has gotten the 30th pick now since they acquired it from Denver for Sean Payton.]

Its actually the 29th pick. There's only 31 picks in the 1st round this year because Miami had to forfeit theirs.

32 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Its actually the 29th pick. There's only 31 picks in the 1st round this year because Miami had to forfeit theirs.

Thanks, I had that noted in my original post. I put it at 32 picks since there are still theoretically 32 picks, with one being forfeited.

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Thanks, I had that noted in my original post. I put it at 32 picks since there are still theoretically 32 picks, with one being forfeited.

Now that the final order is set the NFL is officially listing 1-31. Pick #32 of the 2023 NFL Draft will be the opening pick of round 2.

• Like (+1) 1

• chongli changed the title to Final 2023 NFL Draft order after Super Bowl
8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Now that the final order is set the NFL is officially listing 1-31. Pick #32 of the 2023 NFL Draft will be the opening pick of round 2.

Ok, thanks. The site I was using listed 32 picks, with number 21 being forfeited by Miami. I still want to list Miami's place and record, with their forfeit designation, but will renumber everything so there are officially 31 picks.

Also wanted to add I included Miami, even though they forfeited their first-round pick, since it is important to know the order for subsequent rounds, even though the order is tweaked a little for teams with identical records. Like if teams with identical records draft 4-5-6 in the first round, then that won't be their order in the second round.

BTW, does anyone know how that order is tweaked in later rounds?

9 hours ago, Gregg said:

Assuming we don't trade up or back who do you think will be available at 27 as far as OL go? 

There aren't any good OL prospects ranked in the late first or early second. So I think the Bills will go with WR, then draft OL day 2. So maybe Quintin Johnston, WR of TCU (6'4" 215 lb)??

• chongli changed the title to Final 2023 first-round NFL Draft order after Super Bowl
  • 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.