Final 2023 first-round NFL Draft order after Super Bowl

chongli

1. Chicago (3-14)

2. Houston (3-13-1)

3. Arizona (4-13)

4. Indianapolis (4-12-1)

5. Seattle (from Denver 5-12, SOS .481)

6. Detroit (from LA Rams 5-12, SOS .517)

7. Las Vegas (6-11)

8. Atlanta (7-10, SOS .467)

9. Carolina (7-10, SOS .474)

10. Philadelphia (from New Orleans 7-10, SOS .507)

11. Tennessee (7-10, SOS .509)

12. Houston (from Cleveland 7-10, SOS .524)

13. NY Jets (7-10, SOS .538)

14. New England (8-9, SOS .502)

15. Green Bay (8-9, SOS .524)

16. Washington (8-8-1)

17. Pittsburgh (9-8, SOS .519)

18. Detroit (9-8, SOS .534)

-----------------------------------------------------------

19. Tampa Bay (8-9)

20. Seattle (9-8, SOS .462)

21. Miami (9-8, SOS .537) - forfeited

21. Los Angeles Chargers (10-7, SOS .443)

22. Baltimore (10-7, SOS .509)

23. Minnesota (13-4)

------------------------------------------------------------

24. Jacksonville (9-8)

25  New York Giants (9-7-1)

26. Dallas (12-5)

27. Buffalo (13-3)

28. Cincinnati (12-4)

29. New Orleans (from San Francisco, 13-4)

30. Philadelphia (14-3)

31. Kansas City (14-3)

Notes:

First tie breaker is strength of schedule (SOS). (The team with the lower SOS will draft before the team with the higher one.)

The draft order of the remaining 14 8 4 2 teams will be determined by playoff finish.

Miami has forfeited its 2023 first-round pick.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Detroit is going to be a beast for the next 10 years. I’d ride with Goff I think. Follow the Kyle Shanahan model and win with defense and a balanced offense that doesn’t ask the QB to be super man.

That could work, but the 49ers offense is loaded with playmakers.  Even before CMC...Kittle,  Deebo, Aiyuk, stable of other RBs, very good oline, excellent scheme/playcalling.

That's why a mediocre/game manager qb can keep that train rolling.  Difficult to replicate that, basically Goff was already in a similar situation with the Rams and traded away so they could take the next step forward.

Similar to the 49ers who drafted Lance, the Lions would be wise to take a QB high if they really like one coming out.  It's a QB league, and unlikely they win a championship with Goff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

"Buffalo Bills

Biggest needs: OL, WR, LB

EE [Eric Edholm]: The interior of the offensive line is an area we could absolutely see the Bills wanting to upgrade this offseason, both in terms of talent and depth. But will they use the draft to try to do that? Since GM Brandon Beane has taken over, they’ve not used a Day 1 or 2 pick on a projected guard or center. (2019 second-rounder Cody Ford was tried first at right tackle before being moved inside.)"

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lions have their fair share of good receiving options as well though…. Always get the QB if a great prospect is there. No brainer.

They haven’t used a Day one pick on an offensive player outside of Josh Allen.(not counting the trade for Diggs)

Yeah, the last time we drafted an offensive player on Day One (besides Josh) was in 2014, with Sammy Watkins.

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Detroit is going to be a beast for the next 10 years. I’d ride with Goff I think. Follow the Kyle Shanahan model and win with defense and a balanced offense that doesn’t ask the QB to be super man.

Detroit should do what got them to where they are. Let other teams make stupid mistakes in front of you, forget about positional need and pick the best player available - if that is a QB pick 'em, if not, so be it. That is what has landed them Penei Sewell and Aiden Hutchinson the last two drafts. If you look up "foundational pieces" in the dictionary their faces should appear.

57 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Detroit is loaded and gonna get even more ammo. The question now becomes what positions do they go get?

See above. Take the best football players.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I count 9 teams that need QB help (could conceivably draft a QB). 

#thankful4ja

Will be interesting what current QB’s get in the mix. 

Does Rodgers stay?  Mitch?  Did Tannehill play his way out of Tennessee? If Mr. Irrelevant takes the niners to the dance, what happens with those 3? Brady watch, part..who even knows.  Is Mac on a short leash? Minshew had his chance to shine, wasn’t great. If McVay stays, does he keep Baker.  What about Stafford?   Do the Cards take a huge hit and get rid of Kyler? Ditto Broncos.  Where does Derek Carr end up? Zach Wilson?  Did Heinicke play his way out of Washington?  What happens with Lamar and his contract?

Going team by team, didn’t realize how many starters/decent backups could be switching teams next year.  I’m sure some will stay, but there will definitely be movement.  

Do teams go with known entities, or draft and hope their guy is the next great QB? Will be an interesting off-season.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Does Rodgers stay?  Mitch?  Did Tannehill play his way out of Tennessee? If Mr. Irrelevant takes the niners to the dance, what happens with those 3? Brady watch, part..who even knows.  Is Mac on a short leash? Minshew had his chance to shine, wasn’t great. If McVay stays, does he keep Baker.  What about Stafford?   Do the Cards take a huge hit and get rid of Kyler? Ditto Broncos.  Where does Derek Carr end up? Zach Wilson?  Did Heinicke play his way out of Washington?  What happens with Lamar and his contract?

Going team by team, didn’t realize how many starters/decent backups could be switching teams next year.  I’m sure some will stay, but there will definitely be movement.  

Do teams go with known entities, or draft and hope their guy is the next great QB? Will be an interesting off-season.

You forgot about the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Although we weren’t shown anything about it on Hard Knocks, I had heard that Kingsbury was getting very frustrated with Murray.  On top of the apparent issue with doing prep work, he supposedly tends to ad lib and not run plays the way they were designed.  Sounds like he kind of wings it like Favre used to.  

Of course, the way the Arizona season went, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kingsbury was the one to go.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Detroit should do what got them to where they are. Let other teams make stupid mistakes in front of you, forget about positional need and pick the best player available - if that is a QB pick 'em, if not, so be it. That is what has landed them Penei Sewell and Aiden Hutchinson the last two drafts. If you look up "foundational pieces" in the dictionary their faces should appear.

Yep. To me Detroit looks like a younger less experienced version of Kyle Shanahan's 49ers. Physical team that can beat you in all ways possible or needed any Sunday. You could argue the 49ers reaching for what they thought was need and talent in Lance rather than the best player available, was a big mistake. But their team is so good top to bottom it won't matter. 

Even Goff seems similar to Jimmy G. Goff might actually be better because he is generally available for a full season.

9 hours ago, Process said:

Chicago is going to get a massive haul for that pick 

I think Arizona will trade back and load up on picks as well.  They'll pick up a better veteran backup QB, wait for Murray to recover from surgery, and fix some serious roster holes with drafted rookies.  They'll probably be picking in the top 10 again in the 2024 draft.

7 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

So, did Lovie Smith know he was getting canned so getting a win to lose the 1st pick was a FU to ownership?

Lovie Smith was a dedicated Chicago Bear when he was a player.  Getting his team to a win yesterday put the Bears into the top draft pick.  Coincidence?

• Eyeroll 1

This should be interesting. In a draft order where seven of the top nine teams  (not the Raiders or Detroit) could really use a QB upgrade, most will tell you this isn’t a good year for college QBS. I remember well when the Bills were in that position seemingly year after year after year. 

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Lovie Smith was a dedicated Chicago Bear when he was a player.  Getting his team to a win yesterday put the Bears into the top draft pick.  Coincidence?

Lovie never played in the NFL. You mean when he coached the Bears?

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

This should be interesting. In a draft order where seven of the top nine teams  (not the Raiders or Detroit) could really use a QB upgrade, most will tell you this isn’t a good year for college QBS. I remember well when the Bills were in that position seemingly year after year after year. 

It's better than last year. Probably not as good as the 2021 class, but then those guys have hardly been a roaring success thus far beyond Lawrence figuring it out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.