Final 2023 first-round NFL Draft order after Super Bowl

chongli

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Lovie never played in the NFL. You mean when he coached the Bears?

It's better than last year. Probably not as good as the 2021 class, but then those guys have hardly been a roaring success thus far beyond Lawrence figuring it out. 

I trust your analysis far more than mine…but…are there seven guys coming off the board in the first nine picks? I’m guessing not. And that means a whole bunch of those teams are heading into 2023 with essentially no shot at any real improvement. As we learned, some flashy young CB isn’t going to get you where you want to go. 

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I trust your analysis far more than mine…but…are there seven guys coming off the board in the first nine picks? I’m guessing not. And that means a whole bunch of those teams are heading into 2023 with essentially no shot at any real improvement. As we learned, some flashy young CB isn’t going to get you where you want to go. 

If there's a CB as good as Sauce Gardner available, the Bills should do what they need to, to get him.   For any other CB, no.  Sauce Gardner is going to be a pain in the butt for the Bills for a decade.

1 minute ago, Utah John said:

If there's a CB as good as Sauce Gardner available, the Bills should do what they need to, to get him.   For any other CB, no.  Sauce Gardner is going to be a pain in the butt for the Bills for a decade.

Thanks…but my comment was about those teams that desperately need a QB. As we witnessed for almost two decades, until you get a decent QB…you are doomed. And all those non-QBs we drafted through those years came and went through Orchard Park with little to no real impact, only to eventually move on to other contenders by the time their rookie contract had expired. I pity the fan base of those QB needy teams. 

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

You forgot about the Jets.

Got a Wilson on the list. Definitely getting the heave-ho.

3 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Although we weren’t shown anything about it on Hard Knocks, I had heard that Kingsbury was getting very frustrated with Murray.  On top of the apparent issue with doing prep work, he supposedly tends to ad lib and not run plays the way they were designed.  Sounds like he kind of wings it like Favre used to.  

Of course, the way the Arizona season went, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kingsbury was the one to go.

Kingsbury May very well be let go.

Believe Murray just resigned, cap hit would be prohibitive.

6 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Will be interesting what current QB’s get in the mix. 

Does Rodgers stay?  Mitch?  Did Tannehill play his way out of Tennessee? If Mr. Irrelevant takes the niners to the dance, what happens with those 3? Brady watch, part..who even knows.  Is Mac on a short leash? Minshew had his chance to shine, wasn’t great. If McVay stays, does he keep Baker.  What about Stafford?   Do the Cards take a huge hit and get rid of Kyler? Ditto Broncos.  Where does Derek Carr end up? Zach Wilson?  Did Heinicke play his way out of Washington?  What happens with Lamar and his contract?

Going team by team, didn’t realize how many starters/decent backups could be switching teams next year.  I’m sure some will stay, but there will definitely be movement.  

Do teams go with known entities, or draft and hope their guy is the next great QB? Will be an interesting off-season.

Also, the the Bills re-sign Case? 

And no way the Rams stick with Baker after what they invested in Stafford.

Edited by chongli

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Seven QBs? No way. I think 3 will likely go top 10 - Bryce Young, CJ Stroud and Will Levis. The way I see the top 10 as of right now:

1. Chicago - either takes Will Anderson or trades back. They are going to ride with Fields I think. 

2. Houston - Quarterback

3. Arizona - hard to say as I suspect a house clearing is coming but right now I'd say no QB

4. Indy - Quarterback

5. Seattle - lean towards them waiting until round 2 and taking more of a developmental guy and sticking with Geno for now

6. Detroit - lean towards no Quarterback

7. Las Vegas - I think they will go for a vet QB - either Brady or Jimmy G to run McDaniels scheme

8. Atlanta - Quarterback

9. Carolina - Quarterback

10. Philly - they'd love to go defensive line

I think it will come down to Houston, Indy, and one of the two NFC South teams as the ultimate QB pickers. 

Edited by GunnerBill

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Hoping sauce does well but that Jets mess up not pay him or just hope he hates the mj area he's stuck in and  bolts to Bills as a fa.

If Goff has figured it out Detroit and Minny should be fighting it out for the division the next few years.

The team I’m watching is the Seahawks at 5 they are already a playoff team with Geno. I could see them taking a flyer on the Anderson kid out of Florida seeing as he has a similar skillset to Russell and if they hit are set to contend for years. 

As for the Bills get Josh Allen another receiver already Davis and Mackenzie are too unreliable. The defense has the second most money in the league tied into it I don’t want this team turning into the Aaron Rogers Green Bay Packers and they keep neglecting the WR position. Sean and Leslie will just have to deal with a second or third round defensive prospect as it’s time to go O. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

17 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If Goff has figured it out Detroit and Minny should be fighting it out for the division the next few years.

The team I’m watching is the Seahawks at 5 they are already a playoff team with Geno. I could see them taking a flyer on the Anderson kid out of Florida seeing as he has a similar skillset to Russell and if they hit are set to contend for years. 

As for the Bills get Josh Allen another receiver already Davis and Mackenzie are too unreliable. The defense has the second most money in the league tied into it I don’t want this team turning into the Aaron Rogers Green Bay Packers and they keep neglecting the WR position. Sean and Leslie will just have to deal with a second or third round defensive prospect as it’s time to go O. 

Outside of Safety, I’m right there with you. Address the OL and WR. We need another playmaker in the receiving core. 

• Like (+1) 1

I normally think Chicago needs to go QB, as fields is not the answer. however, seems like the top qbs of this draft are very similar, scramble first guys. maybe to lesser degree than fields, but feels redundant to bring in a qb thats not a Grade A level passer. will def make an interesting scenario for #1 overall pick this year

5 hours ago, mannc said:

Fix title…only 16 teams.

??

Yeah there are only 16 teams with the first 18 picks, but I think everyone knows what I meant. Plus, there were 18 distinct teams that the first 18 picks were ordered upon, 4 of which traded their right to those picks.

Edited by chongli

• chongli changed the title to Updated 2023 NFL Draft order after Super Wildcard Weekend: first 24 picks
On 1/8/2023 at 11:40 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Detroit is going to be a beast for the next 10 years. I’d ride with Goff I think. Follow the Kyle Shanahan model and win with defense and a balanced offense that doesn’t ask the QB to be super man.

Ben Johnson is a great listen. 

Their coaching staff has so much energy. 

• Like (+1) 1

• chongli changed the title to Updated 2023 NFL Draft order after divisional round: first 28 picks
  • chongli changed the title to Updated 2023 NFL Draft order after Championship Sunday: first 30 picks
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.