(OT) Killzone PS3

Link

The video clip is on the right. If this is in fact real time and not renderd (some questions remain). PS3 is going to give xbox 360 a run for its money big time. Pretty impressive stuff.  :blink:  :P

342040[/snapback]

Pretty sweet! Like watching a movie.

Link

The video clip is on the right. If this is in fact real time and not renderd (some questions remain). PS3 is going to give xbox 360 a run for its money big time. Pretty impressive stuff.  :doh:  :D

342040[/snapback]

It's still wait and see for me. According to Axis, an animation studio in the UK," the trailer was made to the specification of the next-generation hardware and is representative of the look and feel of the actual game."

Link

The video clip is on the right. If this is in fact real time and not renderd (some questions remain). PS3 is going to give xbox 360 a run for its money big time. Pretty impressive stuff.  :doh:  :D

342040[/snapback]

Incredible.

No way is that real game footage. That's not going to be what the in game look is like. I'm not some MS fanboy, but all of these companies, particularly Sony, will give vague statements like "to spec" to cloud the question. When Sony was asked point blank if that was really the 3D engine, render those images on the fly, they side stepped. (Check out IGN.com All of the staff pretty much agrees)

That being said, if Killzone 2 looks HALF that good, you can count on me getting a PS3 at launch.

No way is that real game footage. That's not going to be what the in game look is like. I'm not some MS fanboy, but all of these companies, particularly Sony, will give vague statements like "to spec" to cloud the question. When Sony was asked point blank if that was really the 3D engine, render those images on the fly, they side stepped. (Check out IGN.com All of the staff pretty much agrees)

That being said, if Killzone 2 looks HALF that good, you can count on me getting a PS3 at launch.

342151[/snapback]

I don't care for games like "Killzone", but I cannot WAIT for the first madden to hit the PS3... if it's going to take sony a year longer than Microsoft, though, I'm afraid I'll have to go with the XBox360... all for one game a year (Madden) :doh:

I don't care for games like "Killzone", but I cannot WAIT for the first madden to hit the PS3... if it's going to take sony a year longer than Microsoft, though, I'm afraid I'll have to go with the XBox360... all for one game a year (Madden) :doh:

342153[/snapback]

You just described me also. I'm a playstation guy but if 360 comes out earlier, and it's released with Madden then their really isn't much to think about.

The game developers say the Killzone video is rendered and that it depicts what they are hoping to create in the real game. Sony says it was real in-game footage, which is an ignorant falsehood on their behalf.

The game developers say the Killzone video is rendered and that it depicts what they are hoping to create in the real game.  Sony says it was real in-game footage, which is an ignorant falsehood on their behalf.

342199[/snapback]

I watched some of the E3 coverage on G4. I saw the demo and it's a shameless ploy by Sony to offset the earlier release of XBox 360. The computer game industry history is full of rendered demos and game screenshots that in no way resembled the actual released products. Deus Ex: Invisible War is a prime example of this. The screenshots released for that game were amazing looking. The actual release sucked.

I watched some of the E3 coverage on G4. I saw the demo and it's a shameless ploy by Sony to offset the earlier release of XBox 360. The computer game industry history is full of rendered demos and game screenshots that in no way resembled the actual released products. Deus Ex: Invisible War is a prime example of this. The screenshots released for that game were amazing looking. The actual release sucked.

342201[/snapback]

Why is it that you and I can see this, but the wonderful hosts on G4 could not? Were the genitals of Sony exec's obscuring their vision?

Why is it that you and I can see this, but the wonderful hosts on G4 could not? Were the genitals of Sony exec's obscuring their vision?

342849[/snapback]

LOL! I think Morgan Webb must be the willing recepient of some Sony higher up's genitalia. Honestly she must be doing some Sony dude the way she constantly questioned the Xbox 360's features and fawned all over rendered Sony clips. But what the hell, not like she's there for her knowledge anyway. Just keep wearing those tight get ups Morgan and try not to say so much!

LOL! I think Morgan Webb must be the willing recepient of some Sony higher up's genitalia. Honestly she must be doing some Sony dude the way she constantly questioned the Xbox 360's features and fawned all over rendered Sony clips. But what the hell, not like she's there for her knowledge anyway. Just keep wearing those tight get ups Morgan and try not to say so much!

343030[/snapback]

Morgan Webb hmmmmmmmmmmm :w00t::lol:

Considering Xbox has always technologically outperformed the PS series anyway, I wouldn't be suprised if the next-gen console is the same way.

Not that I buy a console anyway, espceially when I can build a computer to a higher performance spec.

Considering Xbox has always technologically outperformed the PS series anyway, I wouldn't be suprised if the next-gen console is the same way.

Not that I buy a console anyway, espceially when I can build a computer to a higher performance spec.

343452[/snapback]

I like the Xbox and look forward to the release of the X360.

343452[/snapback]

I have always agreed, but I think I will get one of the next gen consoles. I don't have any compelling need to upgrade any of my computers right now and I'm getting a BIG HDTV screen this fall for football, so I'm thinking about adding a XBOX 360 to the system.

I'm must be getting old - I'm tired of upgrading my computers that already work.

342849[/snapback]

Because G4 is one of the worst channels on cable/satellite. Makes me pissed off every time I think about how bad they screwed up by gutting Tech TV. They took a wonderful channel and completely ruined it. Kiss my ass Comcast.