Under Used Weapons in Bills Offense

T master

I think one problem in the passing game with respect to the TEs and RBs is that the line has, to my mind, been so bad that they need to stay in and block, whence we are sending 3 WR into 6 or 7 in coverage.  That will be the Achilles heel of this offense until it is properly addressed.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm picking on you guys, but I'd really like to understand the thought process when people say things like this.

Shakir has a 50% catch rate.  9 catches on 18 targets.  18 targets on 260 snaps.  If, in 260 snaps, Allen has only seen an opening to target him 18 times of which he has caught 9, why do you want to see him more involved?

Hines has 6 carries for -3 yards.  That's arguably not his fault, but it arguably doesn't show he's "deadly with the ball in his hands" either. 

He has 5 receptions on 9 targets for 53 yds, a 55.6% catch rate.  This is on 63 snaps, so it's not like he's never been on the field.

Now I'll grant that in those 53 yds, 45 of them are YAC for 9 YAC/reception, so he is getting YAC.  But ~half

I want to love Hines and Shakir, I do - I'm just wondering what you guys see that leads you to the conclusion that the Bills wouldn't involve them more if they were in position to be more involved, especially Shakir.

Dynamic athleticism. Both of them have skill sets that our other players don't have. the plays where Hines have been involved have not been designed to exploit his strengths and shakir has looked very intriguing but hasn't had much opportunity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.