Rooting interests week 17

CorkScrewHill

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

When we beat the Bengals tonight, it's a no brainer. We curb stomp the Pats into 2024 next week and take the 1 seed.

If, IF, we lose tonight, what would you do next weekend? 

3 seed. Rest starters and use as a bye week? Wouldn't we would play Ravens as the 3? 

As a 2 seed, play one of Miami, Jags, Steelers or even possibly the Pats again? Would the Bengals rest their starters as in all likelihood they wouldn't get the 1 seed?

Please correct me if I'm wrong in the above.

But, if correct, I think I'd rather go the 3 seed route.🤔.

If things don’t go the Bills way tonight , I think the choice would be to rest starters barring a surprise Chiefs loss on Saturday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Chiefs play Saturday, so if we don’t win tonight, we - and the Bengals - would know if the 1 seed is or is not on the table. 

Normally I’d say that guaranteed second home game if we win on WC Weekend is worth it, but we could really use a bye week…

Tough choice.  I think we’d have to be in the locker room to know how necessary that rest is.   

A potential rematch against Cinci, at home vs on the road isn’t nothing. 

Or, we can take care of business tonight and not worry about what we should do. 

You want to finish strong.   We can't afford to lose two games in a row to end the season.    I also think the JAX should lose their final game to Titans and then back in to the playoffs as a wild card.  That will put two weak teams in the playoffs.   Baltimore and Chargers are tough match ups for the #3 and #4 seeds. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.