Props to Reggie Miller

He was a great player who unfortunately never won a title, but he was as clutch as anyone could ever be. Sad to see him go.

Props also to Larry Brown and the Pistons who showed a lot of class by calling that TO with a few seconds left so Reggie could get the standing O that he so truly deserved.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a great player who unfortunately never won a title, but he was as clutch as anyone could ever be.  Sad to see him go. 

Props also to Larry Brown and the Pistons who showed a lot of class by calling that TO with a few seconds left so Reggie could get the standing O that he so truly deserved.

341158[/snapback]

I agree.

As a Knicks fan, it was fun to despise him back in the 90's, just like Jordan and the heat.

Maybe Spike Lee will send him some red roses instead of black this time. :blink:

I agree.

As a Knicks fan, it was fun to despise him back in the 90's, just like Jordan and the heat.

Maybe Spike Lee will send him some red roses instead of black this time. :doh:

341162[/snapback]

you still hurtin' over that turn around 3 pointer? :huh::blink:

I agree.

Maybe Spike Lee will send him some red roses instead of black this time. :huh:

341162[/snapback]

Bucky, your avatar is neat... What is the sequence or meaning (if there is any)?... I noticed old helmet styles and new ones... All AFC?

???

:blink:

Bucky, your avatar is neat... What is the sequence or meaning (if there is any)?... I noticed old helmet styles and new ones... All AFC?

???

:blink:

341172[/snapback]

No significance, just thought it was cool.

He was a great player who unfortunately never won a title, but he was as clutch as anyone could ever be.  Sad to see him go. 

341158[/snapback]

Ditto!

Forgive my basketball naivete, however was Reggie Miller not the college kid who, in his last game, called an ill-advised timeout that cost them the game? I only ask because if it's the same guy, I find it hard to believe 19 years has passed me that fast.

Forgive my basketball naivete, however was Reggie Miller not the college kid who, in his last game, called an ill-advised timeout that cost them the game? I only ask because if it's the same guy, I find it hard to believe 19 years has passed me that fast.

341209[/snapback]

I think you're referring to Chris Webber.

I loved Reggie! IMO, Jordan, Bird and Miller were about as clutch as any NBA players could be. I know he wasn't the complete all around player that Jordan was, but man, he had a flare for the dramatics. Love him or hate him, he was a big game player...what he did to the Knicks, in the 1990's puts him on my all-time NBA team. Kind of like Elway or Favre in the NFL. A lot of people hated/or continue to hate these guys, but you gotta admitt, the game misses them when they are gone.

As a longtime Celtics fan, I have always loved players like Reggie, guys who could tear the other teams heart out, just by being smarter than the other guys. Props to Reggie Miller! Now, maybe we won't have to see as much of his sister on telecasts!