Props to Reggie Miller

He was a great player who unfortunately never won a title, but he was as clutch as anyone could ever be.  Sad to see him go. 

Props also to Larry Brown and the Pistons who showed a lot of class by calling that TO with a few seconds left so Reggie could get the standing O that he so truly deserved.

341158[/snapback]

Sorry, I saw this post this morning, and I held back. The NBA sucks. Let me say it again, the NBA sucks.

Though, the NHL is pissin me off too...........

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have NBA haters and Pacer haters uniting to trash this thread.

Reggie is my favorite pro player of all time. He's a legend of the game and it's sad that the NBA screwed him out of a ring this year.

The Pacers will dominate next season when they can field their true team.

Reggie is my favorite pro player of all time.  He's a legend of the game and it's sad that the NBA screwed him out of a ring this year.

341740[/snapback]

yes, there was a worldwide conspiracy to deny reggie miller of a championship in his final year. i think it involves alan greenspan and spike lee and it needs to be investigated.

Reggie is my favorite pro player of all time.  He's a legend of the game and it's sad that the NBA screwed him out of a ring this year.

341740[/snapback]

Brandon, I love your enthusiasm for your team and all. It's just that when you get into making statements like "...so and so screwed us blah blah blah...", you do as much damage to a thread as the people who bash pro hoops or your team.

you'd think with all that money he made he would have gotten his teeth fixed by now.

Sorry, but crooked teeth is one of my pet peeves, and his aren't just a little off, it looks like he has a pile of broken ceramic tiles in his mouth...

Since I hate the NBA, that was my contribution to this thread.

Hockey, I miss you.

you'd think with all that money he made he would have gotten his teeth fixed by now.

Sorry, but crooked teeth is one of my pet peeves, and his aren't just a little off, it looks like he has a pile of broken ceramic tiles in his mouth...

Since I hate the NBA, that was my contribution to this thread.

Hockey, I miss you.

341785[/snapback]

1) Hockey, I miss you..........2)Canada: Leading the world in being just north of the United States.

I think the intentions of those two statements might be incongruous.

I was at the game on Thursday night, and I have been to a lot of sporting events. But that final few moments when everyone, including most of the Detroit players (all but one actually) came towards the Pacer bench and joined over 18,000 fans in one final ovation for Reggie, was one of the coolest sports moments I've ever been a part of.

By the way, the one Piston player who didn't join his teammates on the floor to salute Reggie was Darko Millicic. He also left the floor to go to the locker room as soon as the final buzzer sounded, instead of joining his teammates in congratulating each other for the series victory and the Pacers on a hard-fought series.

So not only did the Pistons pass over adding a player the caliber of Dwayne Wade and Carmelo Anthony, they took a guy who not only sucks, but is an ass as well.

Brandon, I love your enthusiasm for your team and all.  It's just that when you get into making statements like "...so and so screwed us blah blah blah...", you do as much damage to a thread as the people who bash pro hoops or your team.

341778[/snapback]

I just can't help it Rich. I've been pissed ever since November 19th. Reggie could have went out a champion, instead he got hosed by the NBA and their front office.

341740[/snapback]

Dear Pacers,

Don't let the Plastic Cup hit you in the ass on the way out the door!!!

Love,

The Motor City

:blink:

By the way, the one Piston player who didn't join his teammates on the floor to salute Reggie was Darko Millicic. He also left the floor to go to the locker room as soon as the final buzzer sounded, instead of joining his teammates in congratulating each other for the series victory and the Pacers on a hard-fought series.

So not only did the Pistons pass over adding a player the caliber of Dwayne Wade and Carmelo Anthony, they took a guy who not only sucks, but is an ass as well.

341838[/snapback]

Darko sure looks like a huge bust, thank God the Pistons don't need him. As far as Wade or Carmelo go, Hamilton and Prince are doing pretty good...they thought they needed a true center, Big Ben has panned out just fine.

I just can't help it Rich.  I've been pissed ever since November 19th.  Reggie could have went out a champion, instead he got hosed by the NBA and their front office.

341868[/snapback]

Stop youing up basketball threads. Even Artest admits he's a dickhead and pretty much got what he deserved.

Whaaaaa!

I've been pissed ever since November 19th.  Reggie could have went out a champion, instead he got hosed by the NBA and their front office.

341868[/snapback]

It had nothing to do with November 19th.

It had everything to do with his refusing to fix those Dumbo Ears and straightening his teef.

It's a well-known fact that David Stern will not allow the Championship trophy to be photographed while being held by a genetic mutant-looking old man named Reggie.

Please refer to Chapter 69 in your copy of "Conspiracies of the NBA and Other Leagues - The Real Stories of Behind-the-Scenes Actions and Deals That Keep YOUR Team From The Gaining The Glory You So Richly Deserve" by G. Gordon Liddy, et al.

It had nothing to do with November 19th.

It had everything to do with his refusing to fix those Dumbo Ears and straightening his teef.

It's a well-known fact that David Stern will not allow the Championship trophy to be photographed while being held by a genetic mutant-looking old man named Reggie.

Please refer to Chapter 69 in your copy of "Conspiracies of the NBA and Other Leagues - The Real Stories of Behind-the-Scenes Actions and Deals That Keep YOUR Team From The Gaining The Glory You So Richly Deserve" by G. Gordon Liddy, et al.

341968[/snapback]

holy crap, that was funny...

:blink::P;)